Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding Collection Deletion

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Funding Collection Deletion

@shamenomore03 wrote:

Hi there! Just so that I am clear on this new deletion process they have. Will they delete the item off the credit report if the initial date the account was opened was in 2010 and now is charged off? I'd love to get this off my CR!

Yes, they will.  The DOFD is over 2 years old.  They deleted mine from a bill that had a DOFD of 2013. 

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 21 of 25
shamenomore03

@A1Credit wrote:

@shamenomore03 wrote:

Hi there! Just so that I am clear on this new deletion process they have. Will they delete the item off the credit report if the initial date the account was opened was in 2010 and now is charged off? I'd love to get this off my CR!

Yes, they will.  The DOFD is over 2 years old.  They deleted mine from a bill that had a DOFD of 2013. 

Thank you! I just went on a dispute frenzy with my CR in all 3 agencies.  I have let this go on for way to long and am so ready for some happy scores!

Message 22 of 25
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@shamenomore03 wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@shamenomore03 wrote:

Thank you! I just went on a dispute frenzy with my CR in all 3 agencies.  I have let this go on for way to long and am so ready for some happy scores!

Sure thing!  Hopefully some of them will be deleted but if they are deleted and you know they are really yours, I would hurry up and call the OC and attempt to pay the debt before they report it again or it is sold to another CA.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 23 of 25
BNA111
Valued Member

Congrats! Hoping this happens to me since I am almost done paying off my account... Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you that I paid off a collection with them that was DOFD in 2016, and unprompted, the rep told me that they would delete it for me since it was older than two years. Said to allow 45 days or so, so sometime this month it will go away. Looking forward to that.

FWIW, I also had one from AFNI who told me when I called to pay that their standard procedure was to delete within a billing cycle of payoff so I’ll be losing that one too. If you have anything with them, you can look forward to it vanishing as well.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.