cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding Deleted From All 3 reports!!

tag
Jlp550

Midland Funding Deleted From All 3 reports!!

Midland was not scheduled to be deleted until mid to late 2017. I don't know if it's because of the case ruiling but ALL of the Midland's were deleted from my report on 10/2/15.  That was my last paid collection account. For the first time in my life I have super high credit scores, a nice mix of revolving credit accounts, and an approval on a personal loan. Life truly is easier with very good/excellent credit.

I just retired my 2 high interest rate cards (Capital One Secured - 24% APR and Merrick Bank - 22% APR) from my wallet. I've placed small reccuring payments on them like my gym membership and Netflix. But I won't be using them regularly anymore. They will remain open as they are my oldest cards and I want the good history.  I will now use my new lower interest rate cards and remain in the garden until 2017 when I will apply for the SPG AMEX or another top level AMEX.

This forum has helped me so much!

Starting Score: 514 (7/1/2012)
Current Score: EQ 782 (10/3/15) TU 775 (10/3/15) EX 788 (10/3/15)
No collections at all.

Gardening until 2017 at least.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Funding Deleted From All 3 reports!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 9
Jlp550

Thanks so much! I thought that Midland notation would never be gone!

No collections at all.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlp550 wrote:

Thanks so much! I thought that Midland notation would never be gone!

Was it from a paid collection or an unpaid collection.  I know that others on the forum would like to know.  My last collection unfortunately is from Cavalry and it doesn't fall off till some time next year. 

Message 4 of 9
Jlp550

It was a paid collection that was scheduled to be removed in Sept 2017.

No collections at all.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlp550 wrote:

It was a paid collection that was scheduled to be removed in Sept 2017.

Again, Congrats.  Hope you get your SPG.Smiley Happy  Hopefully in 6 months I can retire my Cap 1 and replace it with a Venture or BCE.

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Note that there is a difference between removals of collections based on credit report exclusion, which is done by the CRA, usually via a routine early exclusion at aprrox 7 years from DOFD, and based on a specific reporting of deletion by the debt collector.

Deletion removes the collection from your credit file, while exclusion only puts a barrier over its showing in your credit report.

I would venture that the debt collector was housecleaning their closed collection files and chose to delete for whatever business convenience they felt it might provide.

I highly doubt it was an exclusion by the CRA.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently paying on a settled midland account and would love to see it deleted of my credit report.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.