cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding Judgement...when will it go away???

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Midland Funding Judgement...when will it go away???

I have a judgement with Midland Funding since 11/2008. It is based out of New Jersey and I thought judgements fall off after 7 years? Does anyone have an accurate information on this? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alexj931
New Contributor

Re: Midland Funding Judgement...when will it go away???

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I have a judgement with Midland Funding since 11/2008. It is based out of New Jersey and I thought judgements fall off after 7 years? Does anyone have an accurate information on this? Thank you in advance.

Midland Funding Sucks!!! I hadone with them and they SUCK with a capital S!; I think they are in runner up posiition with Cap 1 thats how bad they are. What s the DOFD of the account?

They screwed up my account due to i PIF, and attempted to delete but it stated settled less than full balance.

watch out for them they are very tricky

Current Score: 587/568/576
Goal Score in 3 months= 620
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it has been paid then it SHOULD fall off next year - no reason why it shouldn't. However if it has NOT been paid, in some cases, depending on your state,  the judgement can be reaffirmed and essentially renewed for another 7 years. I got hit like that about 15 years ago in California.

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

That's correct, judgments will stay on your reports for 7yrs from the date the judgment was issued, so it should fall off around Nov 2015.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Thank you for everyone's response. 

Message 5 of 7
DueDilligence
Contributor

It all depends on the state where you reside. It will stay on your file from the statue time allowed minus the date of judgement or deliquence.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Per FCRA 605(a)(2), a judgment must be excluded from a consumer's credit report after 7 years from the date of entry of the judgment, or until expiration of the satatue of limitations on enforceability of the judgment, whichever is longer.

That is federal law applicable in all states.  The period of enforceability of the judgment, however, varies under your state law.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.