cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding Need Advice Please

tag
lisal101370

Midland Funding Need Advice Please

We recieved a summons for court that Midland Funding was suing us for $2,236.27. I contacted Midland and asked if we could make a deal without going to court or receiving a judgement. They agreed to a settlement amount of $1778.80 to consider the account paid in full and to not go to court. I sent them a cashier's check for the agreed amount. The court case was dimissed and when I spoke to Midland they said the account was settled and nothing more was owed.

I checked the credit reports on line and now Midland is reporting a balance of $457.00 on this account. they showed the payment of $1778.00 as last payment received. Shouldn't this account be showing a balance of zero since they agreed to the amount, we paid it as agreed?

I really don't know what recourse I have. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Funding Need Advice Please

Sometimes it's a 2 step process. The account gets updated as payment made, then a second update updates the account to paid (or settled for less) and zero owed. Give it another 30 days or so before worrying.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.