Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding & Midland Credit Management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Funding & Midland Credit Management

Hello everyone. I just ordered a new set of credit reports from Equifax today so I can get a good clean fresh look on my accounts. From my reports I created a spreadsheet with names, types of accounts etc...

Well as I am typing I noticed that Midland Funding has me on a regular account reporting as an installment for two seperate collections with separate acct #s. As I continue typing I get to 2 more accounts from Midland Credit Management reporting accounts on the regular accounts tab for the same account numbers that Midland Funding are reporting on!! Arent they the same company? Why would it show me a total of 4 collection accounts for the same accounts? Anything I can do?

Also when I got to Portfolio Recovery they have me listed on an installment as well and another item from Portfolio for the same amount with the account numbers being different by two.. example the 1st acct# 60191830335 and the other one is 191830335.. Is that legal to? Any and all help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Funding & Midland Credit Management

I believe Midland Funding is just a branch of MCM if my memory serves me right. They were listed on my credit report to(now gone).

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute the hell out it with the CRA's and indicate how they are reporting accounts more than once and incorrectly reporting them as installment accounts and whatever other misdeeds they have done. Both Portfolia and Midland were just sued by and lost to the CFPB in court for their shady collection practices and multiple violations of the FDCPA and FCRA i believe.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think doing a 623 letter to them directly would work for a situation like this? I disputed these before and they came back as verified.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Think doing a 623 letter to them directly would work for a situation like this? I disputed these before and they came back as verified.

If you disputed with the CRA's, ask for their method of verification.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask the CRAs? Sorry for all the questions, just want to do this right.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. I feel ya. Yes, you have the right to ask EQ, EX, TU for their method of investigation in to how they "verified" the info.  CRA's "verification" is typically no more than a phone call or fax asking that person X with Y address has a debt to the collection agency.  The collection agency will of course say yes, we have person X at Y address in our system. And thats it. Verified. No check as the to validity of the debt in most cases.  CRA's have to handle so many requests they need a system to do it as fast as possible while spending the least amount of money. It is a business after all. Good luck.

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would just file a complaint with the CFPB, a CA/JDB reporting as an installment loan is not kosher and then to come back and report a collection account on their installment account this is the stuff that the CFPB wants to hear about. They just had to settle with the govt for abuses might as well keep the pressure on.,

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! Will do exactly that! Will let you know the outcome.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.