Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding debited my bank account without permission

tag
AD85
New Visitor

Midland Funding debited my bank account without permission

I have been dealing with Midland funding regarding a Bank of America credit card that was sold to them. When I finally agreed to a payoff amount we discussed a payment schedule and I told them I would try to pay it off by the end of the month. I paid the initial installment via my debit card. When it came to the rest, I told them I would call it in. I specifically stated that he is not to debit my card and he agreed that would not happen. The month came to an end, and I never paid the remaining balance but received a letter from them stating that they attempted to debit the account but the funds were unavailable. I moved the bulk in my savings account incase they tried to do something funny. Since all conversations are recorded, and it was stated that no auto debits would occur, are they able to do that? Any help with dealing with them is helpful. Thanks! 😄
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland Funding debited my bank account without permission

Hi and welcome to the forums.

No they are not allowed to debit an account without permission.  Or even try to do so.

Hindsight is 20/20 but never, ever, ever, give a CA your debit, credit card or bank account number unless it is paying off the full amount in one payment.  This happens all the time.

Call them and let them let them know they did not have permission per your original arrangements and let them know if they do it again you will file a complaint against them.

Message 2 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If they don't put the money back in your account. I see legal action against them!!!

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They didn't take any money.  They tried but there was none to take.  OP had the foresight to remove the funds.

It is the point of them doing it in the first place after they were told not to.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.