Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding disappeared

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Funding disappeared

Unclebuck, can you please post or message me the goodwill letter that you sent to credit one because I too am dealing with the same thing with midland, they are very rough and its not easy to work with. I do intend to work out a payment plan and pay in full but would like to see this one eventully removed as its my highest balance. thank you.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goodwill letter was for credit one. I didn't use a goodwill template, I basically told them what happened, I let them know that I am a disabled combat veteran that was going through some rough times health wise and that I fell way behind and now that I'm in a better place health wise and financially as well that I was  trying to make right on all my past debts. Just told them the truth and asked for a goodwill adjustment. Everybodys reason for falling behind is different so I read a few templates to give me a basic idea of structure them told my story. Hope that helps you. 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unclebuck034

I think it's very possible, if not probable that you signing up for the class action lawsuit got Midland Funding to drop your account off the three credit bureaus.

It does happen, but rarely does a negative item fall out of the sky from thin air before 7-7.5 years without you or a CR company fighting to get the negative item off early.

Every person in the last 7 years that has had a Midland Funding negative needs to try and sign up for this class action lawsuit. The deadline to join is April 12, 2016, and you can only qualify by giving the phone number that Midland has on you or used to call you.

The law firms system once you enter your phone number will actually say your qualified to join the lawsuit or you're not. Luckily I did and I hope my second to last baddie (Midland Funding) gets deleted in the next 30-60 days while I fight it.

Just say no if you didn't receive a postcard in the mail and you can still join the class action lawsuit. 

Message 23 of 27
rockys84

Could you send me an example of a Goodwill Letter. Thanks,

Message 24 of 27
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

I think it's very possible, if not probable that you signing up for the class action lawsuit got Midland Funding to drop your account off the three credit bureaus.

It does happen, but rarely does a negative item fall out of the sky from thin air before 7-7.5 years without you or a CR company fighting to get the negative item off early.

Every person in the last 7 years that has had a Midland Funding negative needs to try and sign up for this class action lawsuit. The deadline to join is April 12, 2016, and you can only qualify by giving the phone number that Midland has on you or used to call you.

The law firms system once you enter your phone number will actually say your qualified to join the lawsuit or you're not. Luckily I did and I hope my second to last baddie (Midland Funding) gets deleted in the next 30-60 days while I fight it.

Just say no if you didn't receive a postcard in the mail and you can still join the class action lawsuit. 

I just rememberd the phone number used! LOL  I filled in the info for my husband, hoping it's a forgiveness and not an $11 check!

Thanks!

Starting all over again!
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've submitted FIVE successful claims from that site. I had five cell phone numbers that they apparently called... unbelievable. I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot - in previous class actions like this I've read the fine print and it sometimes states that submitting duplicate claims disqualifies you. Hopefully they see they are all different phone numbers.

Remember, FYI - anyone who wants to file it, the claim deadline is April 12, 2016.    The final hearing is August 26, 2016.  After that date we can find out what exactly the court ordered and how large the claimant pool is. 

What ever happenned to make your Midland dissapear so far - from my experience with dealing with class action lawsuits - cannot be in any way related to the Midland lawsuit.  The reason I state this quite confidently is I know that there is a Claims Administrator that takes these claims, and then there has to be a final approval hearing to... well finally approve the action.  So, whether Midland would be ordered to pay $11 dollars to each of us, or whether they would forgive some money on your debt or delete it - that would only happen after August 26.

Until that time, I don't believe the claims administrator has any authority to force Midland to do anything.

There is an off chance - and it's a big IF... if maybe they claims peopel are allowed to provide preliminary claims info to Midland,  due to some kind of discovery rules or some **bleep** (im not a lawyer, or a doctor, damn it, Jim.), and Midland received this information - and then they acted on their own accord to purge your information from the system, before they were even ordered to do so.

I really don't think that last scenario is likely because I don't think any info is provided to the defendant until the final hearing. And even if it was - why would they act before ordered to do so, but who knows.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, the case has been settled and the cut-off date of April 12th is for people to let the defendant's law firm and Midland Funding (legal discovery rule) so they both know how to divide up the settlement money. I don't think many people will get there Midland collection account automatically removed by Midland on all three credit bureaus once they officially join the settlement case.

But I do think if you're disputing a negative or asking for early exclusion with the three credit bureaus it will help to get your Midland Funding negative item removed if you provide the CB's the claim receipt PDF that you receive once you qualify to be part of the settlement case. You can inform the CB's in the notes section online or when you call them that from 2006-2014 Midland Funding did (blah blah to you) and you qualified and now part of the WON case against Midland for shady illegal tactics used on you and thousands of other people.

Equifax (the hardest SOB to get EE on by far) deleted my OPEN UNPAID $16,000 Midland Funding collection account six months early in February-2016 (before I joined the Midland settlement case officially on 3/22/16) by their online dispute system of all things. I have another EQ negative that's set to fall off June 1st and EQ still hasn't let me do EE through their online system or by calling them. I'm a little over 60 days out now. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.