Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding

tag
Omuneek2
Established Member

Midland Funding

I have 2 collections from Midland Funding on my CR. They are still reporting as of 7/31/2013. I have no idea who the original creditor is. Can someone provide some guidance on how I should proceed.... Next steps... I have read several posts that indicate how difficult Midland is to work with. Any experience with Midland?

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland Funding

Are the debts outside of your state suing SOL?  If they are, or you can PIF, send them a DV letter and ask for the name and address of the OC and an itemization of the debt.

Message 2 of 34
Omuneek2
Established Member

I'm not sure if the debts are outside of LA SOL. How would I find out?

Message 3 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 34
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

My experience with Midland was nothing short of horrible.  I wasn't exactly a responsible 18 year old when it came to finances, now that I'm 30 I couldn't regret that more.  With that said, Midland wouldnt work with me on anything.  It was either full payment in like a week or nothing.  I got calls at work, even at my parents house.  I didnt have the money to pay them so it never got resolved.  I filed bankruptcy in 2011 after realizing I just couldnt ever get out.  Funny thing is Midland was still on my CR after BK.  I did some research and realized it was for a medical bill from a car accident I had.  I disputed the collection on my CR and it was removed...hopefully thats the last I'll ever have to deal with them!   I wish you luck on your journey!

Message 5 of 34
Omuneek2
Established Member

Guiness I have been trying to paste a snapshot of the Midland details in my post, but I was not successful. This is what I see:

MIDLAND CREDIT MGT INC

Date opened: 2/8/2011
Date Reported: 7/29/2013
Date of First Delinquency: 6/2007
High credit: $1,410
Balance: $2,417
Amt Past Due: $2,417
Type of loan: Factoring company account (debt buyer)

Message 6 of 34
Omuneek2
Established Member

I have never received anything in the mail from Midland.

Message 7 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If this is credit card debt the SOL is expired.  It is only 3 years in Louisiana.

Send them a DV, if they validate offer a settlement for deletion.

Message 8 of 34
Omuneek2
Established Member

Based upon my minimal understanding of the laws regarding credit, as I uNderstand it you're saying that it is outside of the SOL for them to sue me???? If this is the case iT would seem that an offer for deletion may be an option. Thoughts???

Message 9 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Omuneek2 wrote:
Based upon my minimal understanding of the laws regarding credit, as I uNderstand it you're saying that it is outside of the SOL for them to sue me???? If this is the case iT would seem that an offer for deletion may be an option. Thoughts???

Yep, that's what I said in the above post lol.

Yes, outside of the time for them to sue you.  By several years.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.