Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland -- I know how much we all love them

tag
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Midland -- I know how much we all love them

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in regarding this dreaded company. I remember last year, they sent me a settlement for 10% and believe it or not, my head was too buried in the sand to just accept it. I actually countered months later offering 25% for PFD but they never responded. Additionally, the offer of 10% was withdrawn. Hoping they offer it again and opening this thread hoping some people get some offers like that. This offer was issued this time last year.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Midland -- I know how much we all love them

I called a CA recently to MAKE an offer, and they said as soon as they verified who I was: "There is an offer available on your account for $xxx.xx today only, would you like to take advantage of this offer?" and it was for LESS than I was going to offer them so I was like absolutely! Another CA offered me like $60 more than I was willing, so I said "ehhhh, I was thinking more along the lines of $xxx.xx" and they countered back for like $10 more than my offer.

Point is, you can just give them a call and see where their heads at. That's what I am going to do with them on a $1,073 debt. I'm going to settle for bottom dollar, I'm looking for $300 or less.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Ive called them. They want 60% so they can stick it lol.. I wish I had just accepted that offer last year! I was even thinking about mailing in the payment coupon with a check lol. Just to see if theyd take it..
Message 3 of 8
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Rofl that would be funny, but they would probably cash it and update your balance. How much is it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for under $300 on $1k+, so I don't know lol. One thing I know for sure is, paying this debt does nothing for me but prevent me from being sued, so they are not getting 60% of anything.

Message 4 of 8
KevinBlock55
Established Member

I dont have to worry about a suit as SOL has expired. My debt is approximately $1,400.00 and its probably within 18 months of falling off. But it DOES update every month AND counts against my utilization. To be honest, I'd pay 60% at this point for a PFD. I was able to get the OC tradeline removed years ago.
Message 5 of 8
sphinx313
Established Contributor

How is a CA affecting your utilization? I was under the assumption that only the OC could affect utilization via charge-off's with balances?

Message 6 of 8
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Youre probably right. I would like it off nonetheless tho.. I was thinking of Merrick Bank
Message 7 of 8
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Oh ok, I was just hoping you didn't have some new information I wasn't aware of lol. Learn something everyday. I want it at $0 as well just for manual review purposes. I could honestly careless that it says settled for less. "So you settled this account for less than the full balance?" My response: "Duh, wouldn't you? They tacked on so many fees and other erroneous $$$." The fact that they won't send a letter or call is worth the $300, regardless of how a manual review goes.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.