Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Judgement Deleted

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Midland Judgement Deleted

Hi everyone I had a Midland default judgement entered against me regarding a Chase acct I defaulted on.  I settled the judgement and disputed it once saying it was reporting as not being satisfied so they adjusted it as a paid judgement.  My birthday was a couple days ago and this morning I logged on to here and my EQ score went up to 679.  When I got home from work I had a packet from Experian (the only one reporting my judgement) and I thought it was some fraud alert or something and when I opened it up it says my judgement has been DELETED! What a birthday gift!  700 here I come!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Midland Judgement Deleted

Congrats
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tfkallday wrote:

Hi everyone I had a Midland default judgement entered against me regarding a Chase acct I defaulted on.  I settled the judgement and disputed it once saying it was reporting as not being satisfied so they adjusted it as a paid judgement.  My birthday was a couple days ago and this morning I logged on to here and my EQ score went up to 679.  When I got home from work I had a packet from Experian (the only one reporting my judgement) and I thought it was some fraud alert or something and when I opened it up it says my judgement has been DELETED! What a birthday gift!  700 here I come!

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 4 of 7
Season79
Contributor

Congrats!! What % did you settle the judgment for and what was the age?? I have one im working on and trying to negotiate it down. Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Funny how things work out with the CB's. I recently paid off 2 judgements and a tax lien from 2007. I sent in th copies of the satisfaction of judgement and lien to the CB's and just got a letter back and they updatd it as paid 1 month after they were entered. woo! Which means that tax lien will fall off this year! Smiley Very Happy 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 6 of 7
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

I think I settled for like 60%.  The judgement was entered in October and I paid it as soon as I saw it his my CR (didn't know what I was doing at the time).  I honestly forgot what I even sent Experian to get it deleted but the original account was Chase collected by Midland and Midland had send me a letter saying they miscalculated my original account by $30.  I think included the letter which is why the judgement got deleted.

I think next I may try to send the letter in to get the original debt deleted :-) what do you guys think?

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.