cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Judgement

tag
KateNeedsCredit

Midland Judgement

I had a chase credit card years ago, went into default- charged off etc. I had an account reporting from Chase and then from Midland on my credit report for years. Midland also reported a judgement. In 2014, Midland vacated their collection due to a FCRA violation and Chase fell off this year anyway. but I still have the judgement on all 3 credit reports by Midland for it.. I was told it would be removed as well but I guess it never did. Anyone have any insight? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland Judgement

Midland did not "report" the judgment.

Judgments find their way to consumer reports based on the CRA review of public records.

Is the debt paid?

What is the date of entry of the judgment?

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You may have to check with whomever entered the judgement to see where it stands. Normally, a county clerk.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
You may have to check with whomever entered the judgement to see where it stands. Normally, a county clerk.

If they vacated the collection, wouldn't that mean the judgement should be vacated as well?

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No.  Deletion of a collection and vacature of a judgment are apples and oranges.

A judgment is a court order that can only be vacated by the court.

Deletion of a collection can occur by way of voluntary reporting as such by the debt collector, or by way of deletion by the CRA if they find that the debt remains unpaid and the debt collector no longer has collection authority. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

No.  Deletion of a collection and vacature of a judgment are apples and oranges.

A judgment is a court order that can only be vacated by the court.

Deletion of a collection can occur by way of voluntary reporting as such by the debt collector, or by way of deletion by the CRA if they find that the debt remains unpaid and the debt collector no longer has collection authority. 

So a vacation of collection is ONLY a reference to the reporting of the debt, not the debt itself? Seems like the wording there is incorrect then. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.