cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Judgments- Any Updates to CFPB Ruling?

tag
Atonswife
Contributor

Midland Judgments- Any Updates to CFPB Ruling?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything in regards to having their judgement vacated based on the CFPB ruling against Encore (Midland). I have 2 judgments from Midland for a Chase and Cap 1 account but the Chase judgement was obtained in 2012 which I know falls between the relevant period stated in the ruling. I am in the process of arranging settlements for all my judgments ( had a total of 5) and have been successful with one so far. Three of them are with the same law firm and 2 out of those 3 are with Midland. I don't want to pay it if there's a chance it can be vacated. Has anyone heard or know how I can possibly find out if this particular judgement qualifies? I believe Encore has about 90 days to comply and I'm wondering if I should just pay it and possibly be reimbursed if my case qualified to be vacated or should I wait?
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Atonswife
Contributor

Re: Midland Judgments- Any Updates to CFPB Ruling?

Bump
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 2 of 3
PdxGirl
Valued Member

Re: Midland Judgments- Any Updates to CFPB Ruling?

I have two with Midland and one with PRA.  I haven't heard a peep out of them. I have all three on payment plans per judgement agreements and I'm continuing to make payments.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.