Did you mean: 

Midland PFD settlement? *EDIT*

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Midland PFD settlement? *EDIT*

@guiness56 wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Even though it was so long ago? We're not speaking to his mom right now (that woman is a piece of work I'm telling ya) but I still dont want to open this can of worms so to speak. I am not 100% sure this is what she did, bc other things of my husbands dads have wound up on his credit when we lived with his parents. Since we haven't lived with them, nothing has shown up on his credit except an address of his dads. But its kind of odd that the Directv acct was opened with my husbands social, at least thats what the rep at the CRA told my husband, I think, or maybe it was Directv or Allied that told him that.. I can't remember that has been about 2 years itself. I'm sure if midland really did the "investigating" they're supposed to do when an item is disputed with the CRA's they'd find it is incorrect (unless of course my mother in law used my husbands info) I was just hoping I could throw something at midland about not truly investigating it etc. to scare them into deleting since it's going to age off in about 9 months anyway..

You have been fighting for a while to get them removed and it didn't work.  I don't think anyone would question using the fraud affidavit as a last resort.

That affidavit also gets sent to Midland.

All I've done is dispute it 2 years ago. I havent done anything since cause I haven't known what to do. I dont see a point in filing any type of fraud affidavit bc if she did use my husbands social, birthday, name etc. how can we prove that he didn't set up the account? Ya know? 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.