Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Question Plz help!

tag
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

Midland Question Plz help!

I had an collection with t-mobile they past it to midland and midland posted the collection on my reports never paid the collection and midland past the account to convergent outsourcing inc. witch send me a settlement offer recently for 50% of the 1254.18=627.09 i paid the settlement offer.. I didnt know about pfd's and gw's letters intill i found this forum so recently i contacted covergent to see if i can pay the other 50% to get a pfd they told me i have to contact midland so i call midland and they told me i had to contact the oc t-mobile call t-mobile they told me that the $1254.18 still appears on there system and they have already past the account to midland so i have to contact the midland.. Everybody getting me the running around so i have no clue what to do or contact to try to get this collection off my report.

What i recenlty notice on my cr that midland brought the accout balance down to $627 but the settlement letter told me that midland is a client for convergent and if i pay the 50% settlement offer within 35 days it will clear the account in full.. So why is midland showing a $627 balance when i pay the settlement offer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland Question Plz help!

They are reporting incorrectly.  If you settled that means the debt is paid in full and they cannot list a balance.  Sounds like it is a willfull violation of the FCRA.

If the OC still owns the account, the CA you paid has to report the payment to them.  If they haven't done that that is also a violation.

Message 2 of 4
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

I disputed it on my eq. and ex. guess i wait a month to see the result. When i contacted t-mobile(oc) they said midland has not updated an balance with them still show full balance and midland just put on my cr's that i just paid $627 and have a balance of $627... Btw since i disputed this if i applied for another credit card and when the lender go to pull my report in see that the account is being disputed will they just denied me?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They could yes.  Instead of disputing with the CRAs I would do a direct dispute with the CA under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.