Senior Contributor

Midland Reinserted

[ Edited ]

Midland reinserted their TL on 6/24/13 after my attorney sent them a letter back in Jan. They are so going to get nailed for this. They just won't learn!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland

[ Edited ]
That's the same date that many of us had post-BK Midland collections report. There have been a few threads about it this week. Those of us that have posted were discharged within the last year. I was on the phone all morning Tues., faxed a bunch of letters and mailed 1 CMRR, by the time I got back home late that afternoon, I called again and after giving my info was immediately turned over to someone who apologized and said they would be removed ASAP. Everyone's stories have been pretty much the same.

Somebody at Midland must of hit the wrong send button on a certain group of accounts.

As of today, the two illegal collections are off all 3 of my reports.
Senior Contributor

I feel sorry for them tomorrow. Already e-mailed my consumer attorney Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Well, if your attorney is interested in class-actions, this would be a slam-dunk!
Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Done deal, we will be filing a class action lawsuit against Midland this week. I have to give it to my attorney on a Sunday night calling me. He is DA man!!!!!

Epic Contributor

Re: Midland Reinserted

What is the basis for contesting their reinsertion?  Reinsertion has limitations if/when a prior dispute remains unverified

What led to its deletion? 

What did the letter from your attorney say?

Established Contributor

I also had a collection account from Midland that was reinserted on Equifax only, last week. This collection was for an old Aspire visa which was included in the FTC ruling against Columbus Bank & Trust. I disputed the collection directly with Midand citing the FTC ruling and they deleted the account at the end of February. Midalnd sent me a letter stating " based on the information we received from you, we have sent a letter to all 3 CB to delete the account"

I called Equifax about the reinsertion and the CSR insisted that the account was never deleted in the first place. I have several printed reports since Feb and the Midand collection is not on there. I asked for a supervisor and they also insisted that the account was never deleted. In then faxed in a dispute with a copy of my equifax report from June 23, with no Midland account showing as well as the letter from Midland.

Senior Contributor

RobertEG wrote:

What is the basis for contesting their reinsertion?  Reinsertion has limitations if/when a prior dispute remains unverified

What led to its deletion? 

What did the letter from your attorney say?

My card at the time was a salute visa gold and was part of the FTC ruling I didn't know about. My attorney cited the FTC ruling with them in his letter that they are not allowed to sell and  try to collect in anyway. Unfortunately they didn't understand english or someone at Midland really goofed during the past week and reinserted of bunch of accounts back to the CRA's. Now I am reading on others that it has happen too. 

Senior Contributor

Smiley Mad  Way to Go Midland!!!!!!!! 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.