Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Reinserted

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Midland Reinserted

Midland reinserted their TL on 6/24/13 after my attorney sent them a letter back in Jan. They are so going to get nailed for this. They just won't learn!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Midland

That's the same date that many of us had post-BK Midland collections report. There have been a few threads about it this week. Those of us that have posted were discharged within the last year. I was on the phone all morning Tues., faxed a bunch of letters and mailed 1 CMRR, by the time I got back home late that afternoon, I called again and after giving my info was immediately turned over to someone who apologized and said they would be removed ASAP. Everyone's stories have been pretty much the same.

Somebody at Midland must of hit the wrong send button on a certain group of accounts.

As of today, the two illegal collections are off all 3 of my reports.
Message 2 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I feel sorry for them tomorrow. Already e-mailed my consumer attorney Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 18
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Well, if your attorney is interested in class-actions, this would be a slam-dunk!
Message 4 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 5 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Done deal, we will be filing a class action lawsuit against Midland this week. I have to give it to my attorney on a Sunday night calling me. He is DA man!!!!!

Message 6 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland Reinserted

What is the basis for contesting their reinsertion?  Reinsertion has limitations if/when a prior dispute remains unverified

What led to its deletion? 

What did the letter from your attorney say?

Message 7 of 18
IWOL
Established Contributor

I also had a collection account from Midland that was reinserted on Equifax only, last week. This collection was for an old Aspire visa which was included in the FTC ruling against Columbus Bank & Trust. I disputed the collection directly with Midand citing the FTC ruling and they deleted the account at the end of February. Midalnd sent me a letter stating " based on the information we received from you, we have sent a letter to all 3 CB to delete the account"

I called Equifax about the reinsertion and the CSR insisted that the account was never deleted in the first place. I have several printed reports since Feb and the Midand collection is not on there. I asked for a supervisor and they also insisted that the account was never deleted. In then faxed in a dispute with a copy of my equifax report from June 23, with no Midland account showing as well as the letter from Midland.

Message 8 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

What is the basis for contesting their reinsertion?  Reinsertion has limitations if/when a prior dispute remains unverified

What led to its deletion? 

What did the letter from your attorney say?

My card at the time was a salute visa gold and was part of the FTC ruling I didn't know about. My attorney cited the FTC ruling with them in his letter that they are not allowed to sell and  try to collect in anyway. Unfortunately they didn't understand english or someone at Midland really goofed during the past week and reinserted of bunch of accounts back to the CRA's. Now I am reading on others that it has happen too. 

Message 9 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Smiley Mad  Way to Go Midland!!!!!!!! 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.