Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - Reported wrong info

tag
mkass
Established Member

Midland - Reported wrong info

So i'm trying to qualify for a house this year and I pulled up my credit report.  I see that Midland still reports a portion of my balance unpaid on TU and EQ but it shows fully paid on EX.

I paid this account to an attorney's office that represented Midland at that time and they have sent me a letter showing that my account was paid.  Problem is that Attorney's office has a different account no., than the one Midland has on my CR.

So I sent in my dispute to TU and EQ with a copy of that letter and they both came back that Midland verified the debt is still valid.

What should I do now?  Should I send a letter to Midland for them to validate the debt and hope they remove the TL since they won't be able to validate the debt?  Should I email the CEO at Midland to tell him the situation with a copy of that letter and ask him to GW and remove the TL?  Should I report them to BBB and then email the CEO?  Please help me -

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland - Reported wrong info

I would write a letter to Midland, with a copy of your paid in full letter, and ask them to correct the matter.  The CRA's aren't going to do anything except what Midland responds with.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.