cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Still Calling After Receiving Timely DV...What the?

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Midland Still Calling After Receiving Timely DV...What the?

These freakin' people have been calling me on the hour, every hour for the past week!!! I wish I knew how they got my cell number in the first place.

I never recieved a dunning notice, so I sent a DV. They received the DV on Friday (I confirmed via the certified mail tracking). They still called on Saturday, Sunday and this morning.

These people are making me sick and I don't know what else to do...I really want to answer the phone and curse them out for violating!!!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland Still Calling After Receiving Timely DV...What the?

First off,

Keep your composure. As frustrating as it gets and as much as you want to rip their hearts out, it won't do any good. There will be someone ready to take his/her place. The best thing you can hope for is a zombie apocolypse to take over their office.

A couple of suggestions:

1. File a complaint with the BBB. State that you have timely DV, which should bar them from all attempts to collect the debt.

2. File a complaint with the FTC and state the same thing. They will have to explain to the FTC why they continued to contact you after the timely DV.

If any of this is incorrect, someone will chime in but this should get you started at least.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

How did you find out about them if they never sent a dunning notice?  Did you find it on your CR?  How long has it been reported on there.  I'm sure their reply is that they had sent you a dunning notice in the past and that makes your DV fail to be timely.  Take a good look at your CR ans see when it was reported.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

They've been on my CR for awhile. I was looking through my paperwork and I saw a letter that I sent them back in March when I first discovered it. They didn't respond that either. I checked all my mail and have not found anything from them at all.

I just want the calls to stop...I'll figure out whether I actually owe it or not later. The amount nor the OC look familar to me, so I'm not really sure...which was why I sent the DV in the first place.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

They've been on my CR for awhile. I was looking through my paperwork and I saw a letter that I sent them back in March when I first discovered it. They didn't respond that either. I checked all my mail and have not found anything from them at all.

I just want the calls to stop...I'll figure out whether I actually owe it or not later. The amount nor the OC look familar to me, so I'm not really sure...which was why I sent the DV in the first place.

You can send a Cease and Desist via CMRRR

Keep in mind, if you do that, they only way the can commuicate with you is to sue you.. but it will stop the calls..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

You can send a Cease and Desist via CMRRR

Keep in mind, if you do that, they only way the can commuicate with you is to sue you.. but it will stop the calls..

-scott

That I thought about, but the last thing I want is for them to sue me. Would I be able to send a C&D for just phone communication only?

Message 6 of 9
qtssima
Established Member

In my initial DV letters, I always put two things - a line that says this letter should not be considered a refusal to pay, and a line that says please consider this a request that you stop communicating with me via phone. I highlight the latter. This has always worked for me - this way they can still communicate in written form.

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually no.  There are no provisions for excluding a particular type of communications.  You can request they not contact you at work, but that's about it.  A cease and desist is a cease and desist.  You really can't just pick and choose.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Actually no.  There are no provisions for excluding a particular type of communications.  You can request they not contact you at work, but that's about it.  A cease and desist is a cease and desist.  You really can't just pick and choose.

Eh. They haven't called today, so maybe they are actually looking into my DV. Knowing how they operate though, they probably won't be able to come back with anything...the bottom feeders they are.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.