Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland/TMobile

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland/TMobile

Morning all! I sent a DV to Midland about a Tmobile account months ago. I called Tmobile for a bill (never received a final, I know they hit me up for a larger than needed etf) they said they didn't have one. I never received a response from Midland. I received an alert a while back that the account was deleted (NOT DISPUTED) from my report. Do I call midland to find out why? I just don't want it sold to someone else and pop back up and drop my score. Do I pay Tmobile so it doesn't pop back up? Although I know I was over charged? I just never want to see that mess again.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland/TMobile

Contact Tmobile and try to find out if they sold the debt or just assigned it. If they assigned it, offer to pay them. If they sold it, they cannot legally accept any payment from you.

If Midland owned the debt, they have either sold it or they have chosen to delete the account entirely due to the recent (2014) FTC action against Tmobile for Cramming customers. If they have sold the debt, you should get a dunning notice from the JDB before seeing it on your reports.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was sold because when I called Tmobile the other month they couldn't even pull up a bill and told me midland owned the account. I guess now I just anxiously watch the mailbox. I wonder why Midland didn't contact me.
Message 3 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Midland doesn't usually contact. My debt, when it went poof, they sent a final notice (akin paraphrase, we'll be watching you, but the only soft pulls are portfolio on zombie debt that they refuse to acknowledge uncollectable).

There seems to be less junk debt buyers with the stricter cfpb rules coming out. I wouldn't worry about it. Chill, and congratulate yourself. Closer to that pie in the sky credit score. Smiley Happy
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will try my best to relax.  Relaxing is hard to do when trying to rebuild credit Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have an effective DV for Midland/TMobile case? My wife has one on her report and I'm working on cleaning up both of our reports. The case if over 4 years old now. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thnx. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.