Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Updated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Updated?

Three weeks ago I sent Midland a DV on a 5 year old Tmobile collection that I believe is less than 10% of what they're reporting. They haven't responded through mail yet. Today they updated my equifax report with the comment "consumer disputes collection information". What does this mean for my credit report and should i expect a letter?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Updated?

As RobertEG has pointed out numerous times, this is a common tactic by many of the CA's and amounts to a systematic harrassment of consumers, as a DV is regulated by FDCPA, while disputes fall under FCRA. I would suggest filing a complaint with CPFB.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if its war they want! Do I file the complaint under "credit reporting" or "debt collection"?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an alert yesterday from FICO stating that midland went from $1504 to $1513 ...what the heck? I need hp with this. I received a mediation order in August 2013 from the sheriff dept. I call the court and the clerk told me they had not set up a date and I would be contacted. A month later I get a call from the law office and received an envelope a few days later. It was the law office midland is going through and I filed my answers denying their allegations and sent them the papers back within the 33 days. This was in October 2013. I have not heard from them since. I called the court clerk sometime last year to see if a mediation was/ or ever scheduled and she said no. She think it would be better of I just waited to hear something. They have my address on file so I know they haven't attempted to send me anything. This update in my balance yesterday really pissed me off. What should I do at this point?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

since they are essentially violating FCRA by reporting a dispute to the CRA's when you have not disputed, this would fall under credit reporting, not debt collection

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I received an alert yesterday from FICO stating that midland went from $1504 to $1513 ...what the heck? I need hp with this. I received a mediation order in August 2013 from the sheriff dept. I call the court and the clerk told me they had not set up a date and I would be contacted. A month later I get a call from the law office and received an envelope a few days later. It was the law office midland is going through and I filed my answers denying their allegations and sent them the papers back within the 33 days. This was in October 2013. I have not heard from them since. I called the court clerk sometime last year to see if a mediation was/ or ever scheduled and she said no. She think it would be better of I just waited to hear something. They have my address on file so I know they haven't attempted to send me anything. This update in my balance yesterday really pissed me off. What should I do at this point?

Whats the DoFD of this account and in what state ?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

April 2009 and Georgia
Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
April 2009 and Georgia

SOL is going to expire on this the end of next month, its 6 yrs on written contract in GA, if they dont actually file suit before then they cannot get a successful judgment. This close I would lay low and do nothing until it passes SOL then I would move to terminate mediation. I would also research GA law to make sure a filing of arbitration doesnt toll the SOL while in pending arbitration. If it does post back here for other options. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP ONE

Account Number
51780572XXXX
Account Type
Credit Card
Terms
Revolving
Date Opened
10/01/2008
Account Status
Closed
Payment Status
Unknown
Payment Status Details
Past due 150 days
Status Updated
03/01/2010
Balance
-
Balance Updated
-
Credit Limit
$500.00
Past Due Amount
-
High Balance
$1,435.00
Monthly Payment
-
Balloon Payment
-
Contact Phone
BYMAILONLY
Contact Address
PO BOX 85520, RICHMOND, VA 23285
Ownership
Individual
Original Creditor
-
Company Sold-to
MIDLAND FUNDING LLC
Original Amount
-
Comments
-
Payment History
My first 30day late payment was May 2009. 

MIDLAND FUNDING

Account Number
853402XXXX
Account Type
Collection
Terms
1 Month
Date Opened
03/01/2010
Account Status
Closed
Payment Status
Unknown
Payment Status Details
Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department
Status Updated
04/01/2010
Balance
$1,513.00
Balance Updated
-
Credit Limit
-
Past Due Amount
$1,513.00
High Balance
-
Monthly Payment
-
Balloon Payment
-
Contact Phone
(844) 236-1959
Contact Address
8875 AERO DR STE 200, SAN DIEGO, CA 92123
Ownership
Individual
Original Creditor
CAPITAL ONE BANK
Company Sold-to
-
Original Amount
$1,448.00
Comments
-
Payment History

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for you advice!! I copied and paste what is showing on my credit report!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.