Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - Verizon - Now Found Receipt of Payment

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Midland - Verizon - Now Found Receipt of Payment

Hello,

Midland has been chasing me for a verizon account dating back to 2009.  I knew I paid the account shortly after moving out of the apartment, but for some reason, it ended up with Midland.  Numerous disputes - challenging the balance - came back verified. However, I finally decided to settle the account and did contact Midland (through email + phone) proposing settlement offers.

Now, I checked one of my old email accounts I was using at the time, and tracked mails from Verizon.  I found an email confirming the bill payment 3 months after I moved out. I called verizon to see if they can trace the original payment dating back, but they are unable to.

Now, what do I do?  Should I contact Midland stating that the account has been paid, despite the fact of my numerous previous disputes?  Or should I dispute with the CRAs - including the billpay verification?

Thanks - Oyiwaa

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland - Verizon - Now Found Receipt of Payment

I would get copies of every thing you have showing it is paid and send them to Midland.  If they still say it isn't paid, file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.