Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland. Very interesting

tag
Shiva78
Contributor

Midland. Very interesting

To summarize:

So I've been fighting with Midland for the last few months.  I have an out of SOL unpaid debt and is due to fall of EQ 4/15 and EX 1/15.  TU deleted it early.

I have an open dispute for 3 weeks now with EQ and I filed a CFPB complaint last week due to the DOFD and charge off dates with the CO etc.  Waiting for those to come back.

So the orginial OC acct was $2400.  For the last few months Midland was reporting $3800 due and increasing about 20 per month.

Well today I got a balance notification from MyFICO that it was just decreased to $2800.  Whats up with that???  I have not had any exchanges with Midland.

Does anyone have any insight or reasons why this would happen?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland. Very interesting

You filed a complaint with CFPB.  Maybe the complaint inspired Midland to re-evaluate what they were reporting.  Check TU to make sure it didn't reappear.

Also double check your account information that Midland is reporting.  Maybe something else changed.  Definitely look to make sure they didn't credit you with a very recent payment that you did not make.

Message 2 of 6
Shiva78
Contributor

Good advice!  Well my dispute with EQ came back this morning. with a simple "Updated" as a result to my dispute.  Guess what.  The report was updated back to 3800 again.  I checked the dates and luckily all the dates remained the same.

Think I'll file a CFPB complaint against EQ.  I've disputed this acct multiple times with EQ with no explanation or resolution other tha "updated".

Still waiting for Midland to respond to CFPB.

Message 3 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Have you asked Midland for an update of the account history?  You have a right to know how the debt grew from $2400 to $3800.

In theory, asking Midland for an accounting of the account should not reset the SOL clock.  Ask in writing, of course, CMRR.

Message 4 of 6
Shiva78
Contributor

Yes.

Sent a letter asking them to break down how they arrrived at the total amount.  No response yet.

I'm also going to reach out to the OC to see if I can get the DOFD from them.

Message 5 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Instead of asking OC for dofd, ask for a copy of the last 6-12 months worth of statements. Pay for it if you have to.  It shouldn't be much.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.