Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland again...

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Midland again...

I am trying to rid myself of a derog tradeline from Midland that is keeping me from having a truly perfect credit.

Its 5 year old debt from some T-Mobile account. First i rushed and disputed it with all 3 agencies. EQ dropped it and EX and TU report it as IN DISPUTE. Its been like that for over a year... Now, shouldn't they have provided me with debt validation info since I direct disputed it? Also, weren't they supposed to STOP reporting delinquencies every month since I disputed it?

I feel like I can get TU and EX delete it because its been disputed for over a year and they are still dinging my credit every month...

Please advise.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland again...

@RussianPassion wrote:

I am trying to rid myself of a derog tradeline from Midland that is keeping me from having a truly perfect credit.

Its 5 year old debt from some T-Mobile account. First i rushed and disputed it with all 3 agencies. EQ dropped it and EX and TU report it as IN DISPUTE. Its been like that for over a year... Now, shouldn't they have provided me with debt validation info since I direct disputed it? No  Also, weren't they supposed to STOP reporting delinquencies every month since I disputed it? No

I feel like I can get TU and EX delete it because its been disputed for over a year and they are still dinging my credit every month...

Please advise.

Disputing valid debts isnt advocated on My Fico and disputing rarely gets what you want in the first place if its legit yours. The way to go after them is with a PFD if you want them off your reports, you can try the DV but at this late stage they can just ignore it an continue collection efforts. A DV is only effective in the first 30 days that they get the collection unless you are in TX.

Message 2 of 5
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

I never said the debt is valid. I had T-Mobile account but I just merged it to AT&T and was never aware of any past dues. So in other words I have no idea what it is and where it came from. It could be valid or not. My main issue is that I disputed it first and thought about it later. I know, should have thought of it first.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RussianPassion wrote:

I never said the debt is valid. I had T-Mobile account but I just merged it to AT&T and was never aware of any past dues. So in other words I have no idea what it is and where it came from. It could be valid or not. My main issue is that I disputed it first and thought about it later. I know, should have thought of it first.

Best way to dispute an item is with a direct dispute you get to present your case directly to the creditor. Using a CRA dispute it gets boiled down to a 2 number code and that goes to the creditor for verification. Any papers you may send or rebuttal you may have sent to the CRA when you disputed it never gets to the creditor. If this is the OC thats reporting you can call them and try to get a copy of the charges, there is no debt validation required by an OC, DVs only go to CAs or JDBs.

Message 4 of 5
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Right, let me get a screen shot of reporting posted once I get home. I am not sure on those codes and their meaning. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.