Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland agree to delete without me paying

tag
yaya88

Midland agree to delete without me paying

Hello all

This is my first time posting, and I wanted to thank everyone one on this forum for the knowledge i have received on my credit repair journey.

I have actively been working on repairing my credit for the past 2 months for an auto loan. I have managed to get my Equifax score from a 520 to a 631. However my Transunion score has not moved that much, less than 20 points. 

Midland has been reporting as a factory account instead of collection. I disputed this and Equifax changed it. i then send midland a DV which they responded with a dispute with the credit agencies . i send another DV and got a letter stating they needed more information from me. i replied with a copy of the letter i received asking for more information and my original DV notice. After sending this letter they send me a statement with the original debt, which were mines.

Well i send them a PFD offering to pay 30% of the debt, about a week later i received a letter stating that they would delete my account with the reporting agencies with no mention of me paying. 

So, should i wait and see if it gets deleted or should i pay what i offered in my PFD? I’m not sure what to do! Can anyone give me advice on what i should do?

PAY OR WAIT????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland agree to delete without me paying

First, what is their current status?  Are they the current owner of the debt, or were they just an assigned debt collector?

Perhaps they chose to delete because their collection authority is terminated, such as by sale of the debt or termination by the OC.

If they have sold the debt, then you can no longer pay them, PFD or otherwise.  I would guess that is the case.

Whether to pay or wait, regardless of who owns or whether CR deletion or settlement for less, depends upon your current situation.

If you are in the process of an application for credit, such as a mortgage, immediate satisfaction of the debt may be a necessity.

That issue is separate from credit reporting issues.

However, if you have time to negotiate, then pursuing CR deletion or settlement may be worth the wait.

I would suspect a new debt collector is about to enter the picture......

Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland agree to delete without me paying

Topic has been locked to direct others to
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Midland-agree-to-delete-without-me-paying/m-p...

Thanks
Webhopper
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.