Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland and Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland and Chase

I sent a debt validation request to midland for a collection with Chase CC.  I received a letter from Chase stating that as the original creditor Chase is not subject to the FDCPA, which covers debt validation and verification.  We provided monthly billing statement on your credit card account to the address on file.  later it stated:  If you need further assistance with your request after reviewing the statements, please contact midland Crt Mgmt as you account has been sold to them.

I'm not sure what to do next.  I did notice that inbetween the time that i disputed the midland on my Experian credit report, and when I asked for validation because they sent me a nasty letter... experian has Midland deleted and it's not showing on the other two... so that's good. 

Should i just request GW deletion of the CO with chase now?  is it possible that midland will show back up on the report with Experian?  thanks for any help!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland and Chase

Confusing...

If you sent a DV to the debt collector, how and why did the OC respond back to you regarding the DV?

You reference a dispute with the debt collector.  What was the basis for that dispute?  Did you get a resolution of that dispute before they deleted?

The specific information that was the basis for your dispute is important, as the ability to reinsert previously deleted information is limited provided the information was deleted as a result of a dispute.  Otherwise, reinsertion has no limitations.

If the OC has sold the account, you cant pay them, so deletion of their CO would require a GW request.

Payment of the debt itself will require that you determine if Midland still owns it.  They may have sold it.

I would contact Midland if you want to proceed with payment, and possibly an agreement not to re-report.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland and Chase

Yes, it was confusing to me too.  IDK why the OC responded to the validation.  I asked Midland for the validation, no real dispute, just wanted them to validate and prove that they could collect on the debt as they were being very, very ugly on the phone.  The OC stated that Midland bought the debt, but they sent multiple old statements under another cover letter, but all from Chase/OC.  I guess I will request GW on the CO. and proceed with Midland for a PFD. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.