tag
sisyphuswins
Contributor

Midland and GE Money Bank

A little update on an account I had requested advice on previously:

My original message

7.   Midland Credit Mgmt    for GE Money Bank

$1232 (original balance $1500)

Due to stay on until 1/2016----can't find details of first delinquency etc, but I purchased my washer in 2006 and then lost my job and couldn't pay, so delinquency would have been 2006 or 2007.   It was a Lowe's credit card.   I was originally called by a law firm in late 2011 and they couldn't even tell me what card it was for.  I was told "some store, I think."     So, I figured it out by process of elmination.   I expressed my willingness to pay but I wanted verification and an accounting.  They sent me one statement and filed papers in court, which they never followed through on, probably because it was out of the SOL.  I paid $800 and demanded a new statement--nothing was forthcoming, so I stopped paying.   I tried three times to get any response from them at all--sent letters to the lawyer multiple times.   No response at all.   So, I guess they've transferred it to MCM now and I don't know what to do.   There should only be $700 total left. 

Can/should I try to get information from the OC?   This is a "fun" one.

On the advice of a kind guru on here, I sent DVs to all the CRAs, which I'm still waiting to hear back about  

Wrote to GE Money Bank and they just got back to me.   They sent some statements going back to March 2009.  The earliest one shows a late fee and no payment, but it's not clear exactly when the DOFD was but obviously earlier than 3/09.   So, based on this, they are telling me that it's reporting correctly.    They suggested i contact Encore Capital who apparently purchased the charged off account  in August 2009.  I have never been contacted by Encore Capital.   Midland is the only one I've been in contact with and originally I was mailing payments to a lawyer's office who I assume was representing Midland.    I've got proof of the payments made to them.   Should I contact Midland now?  And what do I do?  A 623 dispute?

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sisyphuswins
Contributor

Re: Midland and GE Money Bank

bump

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.