Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland bought past SOL account- need to delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland bought past SOL account- need to delete

@icepeck wrote:
Is that the reason why the put the note "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" at the remarks column on my credit? Should I dispute via CRA?

You can dispute it but if this debt is yours and all info is correct\verified by debt holder they won't remove it. The law prohibits them from removing  current accurate pertinant reporting. Is  $8K plus all yours or is some of that fines, fees, penalties added on by Midland? If you were to settle ( and I wouldn't as this debt has aged to a safer place) you can barter with them to remove all the fees and make them an offer on the remaining debt. Many times the fees tacked on my these aggressive Coll Agncies will double a debt. What's the date of last activity on the debt? Be pro active & aggressive & persistant. You can get this removed eventually even tho they snuck it back in.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@icepeck wrote:
Is that the reason why the put the note "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" at the remarks column on my credit? Should I dispute via CRA?

You can dispute it but if this debt is yours and all info is correct\verified by debt holder they won't remove it. The law prohibits them from removing  current accurate pertinant reporting. Is  $8K plus all yours or is some of that fines, fees, penalties added on by Midland? If you were to settle ( and I wouldn't as this debt has aged to a safer place) you can barter with them to remove all the fees and make them an offer on the remaining debt. Many times the fees tacked on my these aggressive Coll Agncies will double a debt. What's the date of last activity on the debt? Be pro active & aggressive & persistant. You can get this removed eventually even tho they snuck it back in.

NO, the law does not. Debt collectors and creditors would like you to believe that, and they freely say such nonsense all the time, and they certainly wish it were true. But it isn't. There is NO legal requirement to report ANYTHING, and information can be freely deleted at ANY TIME. The law only requires that information that is reported must not KNOWINGLY be inaccurate.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strike my comment.

The CB's and CA's could remove  reports. They're not bound by law to keep reporting.  CB's seem to adhere to come unwritten code and CA's push the limits on a continual basis with little regard to morals or the law. When they're caught they reign it back in for awhile. Just like the IRS, they will act less & less like loan sharks as more informed people step up and butt heads with them.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.