Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland closed collection

tag
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Midland closed collection

So I disputed a midland collection on my report as the dofd is over 7.5 Yeats old. I haven't heard back from the dispute yet, but got notified that the account is now closed, and I still have a balance with them never paid them. Is this a sign it maybe removed eventually? Or is it more work I'm Going to have to do. It wasn't removed, just closed with a balance showing due still.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland closed collection

What evidence did you provide to show the reported DOFD?

Collections can be removed either based on deletion by the debt collector, or by exclusion by the CRA.

Closing of a collection could be indication that they no longer have collection authority, which can be basis for having their collection deleted apart from any issue of credit repot exclusion by the CRA.  Only time will tell.......

Message 2 of 6
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Late statements from 2008
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Statements by who, and of what?

Billing statements do not necessarily provide proof of DOFD unless statements are provided for each month from first delinquency to reporting of the collection.

Message 4 of 6
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Ehat type of proof do I need? The original charge off from capital has fallen off my report that had a fall off date as of November 2015. That charge off showed a dofd in 2008
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD reported by the OC should be the same, and thus you appear to have provided adequate documentation.

There can, however, be up to a six month difference in exclusion even with the same DOFD.

The required statutory exclusion period for both a charge-off and a collection is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD.

One could become excluded up to six months earlier, as the CRAs normally begin exclusion at approx 7 years.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.