Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland deleted, finally

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Midland deleted, finally

They ignored me entirely, including intent to sue letters. Even my ITS seemed to find its way to their round file.

However, I decided to take one last step before suing... File complaints with the state. They promptly responded to the state, first they tried to dismiss me, then the second letter agreed to delete from my credit and quit pursuing the debt.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Midland deleted, finally

Congrats

Message 2 of 24
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

They ignored me entirely, including intent to sue letters. Even my ITS seemed to find its way to their round file.

However, I decided to take one last step before suing... File complaints with the state. They promptly responded to the state, first they tried to dismiss me, then the second letter agreed to delete from my credit and quit pursuing the debt.

The Attorney General? Hmm, I work for the AG so I am not trying go that route but it may be worth it.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 3 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@snsforever916 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

The Attorney General? Hmm, I work for the AG so I am not trying go that route but it may be worth it.

I did both the AG and the state department of financial institutions. I believe it was the department of financial institutions that got the job done for me. I'm in Arizona...

Message 4 of 24
diabla
Regular Contributor

Might I ask what was your defense against them?  I am dealing with them now, just sent them a cert letter today, but they are trying to collect on a discharged BK debt so I am pretty confident.  Was yours just a lack DV, SOL or what?

Message 5 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I mentioned their refusal to validate, but focused on their violations of Arizona law which is a much higher validation requirement and includes a freedom of information type provision. MCM could never tell me R20-4-1514(A)(2) or (3).

R20-4-1514. Disclosure of Information to Debtor

A. Within five days after the initial communication with the debtor, a collection agency shall obtain, and be able to inform the debtor of:

1. The name of the creditor;

2. The time and place of the creation of the debt;

3. The merchandise, services, or other value provided in exchange for the debt; and

4. The date when the account was turned over to the collection agency by the creditor.

B. A collection agency shall give the debtor access to any of the collection agency's records that contain the information listed in subsection (A).

C. At the debtor's request, the collection agency shall give the debtor, free of charge, a copy of any document from its records that contains the information listed in subsection (A).

R20-4-1521. Duty of Investigation

A collection agency shall give copies of its evidence of the debt to the debtor or the debtor's attorney on request. After providing the evidence, but before continuing its collection efforts against the debtor, the collection agency shall investigate any claim by the debtor or the debtor's attorney that:

1. The debtor has been misidentified,

2. The debt has been paid,

3. The debt has been discharged in bankruptcy, or

4. Based on any other reasonable claim, the debt is not owed.

Message 6 of 24
diabla
Regular Contributor

Niiiiiice!  Good job!

Message 7 of 24
DCole3g
New Contributor

Congrats, I just called them yesterday trying to get a deletion and no luck.  The account has been paid off for several years and it automatically came off one report, but is still reporting on TU and EX.

Message 8 of 24
Chena83
Established Member

COngrat! I have been trying to get it delet for yrs. How did you do it? I sent emails, lettter through the mail and all.

Message 9 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I bow to you.  Smiley Happy   Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.