cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland deleted on all 3 CRA's after dispute with BBB...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland deleted on all 3 CRA's after dispute with BBB...

I filed a complaint with the BBB last Thursday because Midland refused to answer my DV for an account that was erroneously reported. In fact they continued to collect after receiving my DV. In my complaint I listed their violations and I just received an email today that they will delete my account and won't pursue and further collection activity or sale the account!!!

I was not expecting this outcome after reading all of the bad stuff on Midland.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
800scoreaspirations
Valued Member

Re: Midland deleted on all 3 CRA's after dispute with BBB...

I just DV'ed Midland yesterday.  It was for a Verizon bill that I know that I did not open, because I was with another company.  Hopefully I will have the same outcome as you did. 

Don't you just love BBB?  I had a problem with a Sprint (horrible customer service and when I closed the account they put charges on my credit report that I did not incur), I sent BBB an email disputing the charges, and within three weeks I had the charges deleted from my report and Sprint begging me to come back.

Good for you!!!!!!

Message 2 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

I love BBB.  As long as one can articulate their complaints well, and BBB does't have to figure out or rewrite your complaint, they can really come through for you.  

I really need to send a donation to all the BBB's who have helped me accross the U.S.  I have filed many complaints since 2004.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Which BBB did you contact?  The one in the state where Midland is located or the one where you live?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BBB in San Diego where they are located.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go, but unfortunately for me, my BBB (or AG complaint either!) failed to work!  I filed both in early July and never received anything regarding these complaints and the item is still reporting!

Just checked the BBB site and it notes that "the BBB has closed your complaint as they have determined it is beyond their purview"...

Any suggestions out there now?

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 6 of 7
800scoreaspirations
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Way to go, but unfortunately for me, my BBB (or AG complaint either!) failed to work!  I filed both in early July and never received anything regarding these complaints and the item is still reporting!

Just checked the BBB site and it notes that "the BBB has closed your complaint as they have determined it is beyond their purview"...

Any suggestions out there now?

Why did you file? Was is because a CA refused to validate?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.