cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland deleting and reporting.

tag
Knickerbocker

Midland deleting and reporting.

It seems that Midland must have deleted and reported a few collections. The OC were all credit cards and were charged off in 2008. I know they have been on my credit reports for at least 3 years but the collection accounts say that they were opened in Jan/2013. It's possible that I disputed them at some point because Midland was reporting duplicate accounts for the same debts but I'm not 100% sure about that. If that's the case, they have must have deleted the older accounts and left the newer entries. Is there anything that can be done about that or is it just a dirty tactic that they have a right to use?

I recently called Barclay to have my credit limit reconsidered on a new card. I was connected to a very nice woman who reviewed my TransUnion report and raised the limit from $1300 to $2000. She was asking me about my charge offs and I explained why they happened and how I've never had any credit issues since. She commented that it looked like Midland reported them more recently to damage my score and that she's seen that happen many times.

Any advice on this? I have researched the boards but have not found anything clear about this type of issue.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland deleting and reporting.

Nothing you can do, it is legal. The CA still has to go by the DoFD of the OC for reporting time, that 2013 date is the date they most likely received the collection again from the OC, if its not updating monthly be grateful as there are CAs & JDBs out there who do that just to keep ones score depressed.

Message 2 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

if its not updating monthly be grateful as there are CAs & JDBs out there who do that just to keep ones score depressed.

This is what Midland does to me on a monthly basis....and these jerks own 5 of my CAs

Message 3 of 7
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Nothing you can do, it is legal. The CA still has to go by the DoFD of the OC for reporting time, that 2013 date is the date they most likely received the collection again from the OC, if its not updating monthly be grateful as there are CAs & JDBs out there who do that just to keep ones score depressed.

Agreed. It's probably the date the company opened the collection, the DOFD would be back in 2008. Now if the company tried to say the DOFD was in 2013, that would be illegal, since you CANNOT re-age a debt. The SOL can be reset if you make a payment within the SOL, but not the CRTP. 7.5 years from the DOFD, TOPS. Usually 7, but sometimes, SOMETIMES you can ask a CRA for an early exclusion and get the entry deleted up to 6 months before the 7 year CRTP date.

I have 4 collections from DCS Financial Inc that report EVERY MONTH on my EQ report. Smiley Sad And one of them is for almost $50K now.  Inflated prices for uninsured folks are such a joke.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 4 of 7
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

I have this same issue with Midland as well. I've been fighting with them to remove a collection that shouldn't even be valid (the whole issue was solved with the OC five years ago), but they won't budge. Anyway, they first showed up on my report back in 2013. I started to fight back and dispute the debt and they actually removed the account. Just recently they slammed their collections account back onto my report with a fresh date of 04/2014 which looks just fantastic when I'm really trying to rebuild. 

Is there any reasoning with these people? They seem to be by far the absolute worst CA to deal with. Now the actual DOFD shown is back in 2009 so, once it's been 7 years from DOFD, do they have to remove their account from my report - or can they keep reporting as a collection after that?

I don't know what else to do with these people. I don't want to fork out $568 for a debt that isn't even valid in the first place and I really don't want them to find ways to stay on my report for the next 20 years by deleting their account only to post it again later. 

Message 5 of 7
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@macuserftw wrote:

I have this same issue with Midland as well. I've been fighting with them to remove a collection that shouldn't even be valid (the whole issue was solved with the OC five years ago), but they won't budge. Anyway, they first showed up on my report back in 2013. I started to fight back and dispute the debt and they actually removed the account. Just recently they slammed their collections account back onto my report with a fresh date of 04/2014 which looks just fantastic when I'm really trying to rebuild. Are you saying the DOFD they show is 4/14? Or just the last date reported? If it's the last date they reported it, that's legal, unfortunately,. What have you tried so far to get the entry removed?

Is there any reasoning with these people? They seem to be by far the absolute worst CA to deal with. Now the actual DOFD shown is back in 2009 so, once it's been 7 years from DOFD, do they have to remove their account from my report - or can they keep reporting as a collection after that? Once the 7 year CRTP hits, the CA still has about 6 months to remove the collection. But sometimes, speaking with the CRA asking for an early exclusion (sometime even up to 6 months PRIOR to the 7 year date, but YMMV), and have it removed. But once the 7 year mark is hit, if the collection has been removed, it cannot be added again, no matter what.

I don't know what else to do with these people. I don't want to fork out $568 for a debt that isn't even valid in the first place and I really don't want them to find ways to stay on my report for the next 20 years by deleting their account only to post it again later. If they try to stamp it on your report AFTER the 7 years, what they are doing is illegal. You cannot re-age a debt. The DOFD cannot change. However, if you do something to reset the SOL, your time frame to possibly be sued is lengthened, but you cannot legally have a collection for a debt remain on your report for more than 7.5 years.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 6 of 7
Knickerbocker

Update: I disouted a Midland account that was double reporting and was still showing a balance with Citi Bank, the two Midland accounts and the Citi account have b een deleted from my report. That's good news.

The bad news? Midland is adjusting the balances on three remianing accounts on a weekly basis. Adding and decuting by $10.00 at a time. I've already disputed these accounts for incorrect balances, Experian won't even allow me to dispute online anymore, they say that I can upload addition information or send it by mail. I know they're doing this to sabotage my improved credit score and history. The three CRA agencies have really done nothing accept contact Midland and then take their word that the balances are correct. How can the balances change weekly if there is no account activity? This can't be legal.

Is there anything that can be done?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.