Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland funding/ Tribute Mastercard

tag
chiquis1

Midland funding/ Tribute Mastercard

Hi

Im trying to check for errors on my credit in hopes of rehabilitating it. I saw that Midland Funding or MIDLAND CREDIT MGMT INC (its shown as both) has my charged off Tribute account. However, Tribute only shows it as closed and not sold and it shows a balance for both.

I did some searching in the forums and I saw something about a ruling that can help me get this removed? Note, I haven't paid anything on this charge off, the account became delinquent on 5/2008.

Any help would be great thanks!

Starting Score: 536
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland funding/ Tribute Mastercard

You should send that judgment to Midland. They removed it off my CR once I sent it to them. You need to dispute with Tribute thru BBB or CFPB. I had same issue with Citi where they reported a balance due well after it was sold to a collection agency. I mentioned the higher interest and restricted credit I suffered for years due to their erroneous reporting. Cities deleted the trade line completely

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 2 of 5
chiquis1

I tried looking around for a sample of what I should send but no luck. I'm new to this, any ideas?

Thanks for answering Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I will try finding it and bump it up to recent posts. I sent a copy of the judgment with a letter just stating "Please remove trade line off credit report per the terms of said order (copy included)"

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 4 of 5
chiquis1

Great thanks so much!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.