Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland funding is on crack:)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland funding is on crack:)

I recently disputed midland funding for the 12 time on Experian.   This time though,  they have lost the month of June.  From March to Aug. they show key derogatories.  This time though, when they updated, they list June as having no data?   In the 11 disputes prior they ve posted June like the others as a kd,  how do they lose a whole month?  My theory is that the whole time Midland had no ability to validate, OR prove anything in regards to this debt.   Its nuts.    Even better when i contacted the original creditor T mobile, since they sold the debt they are refusing to open an investigation into the matter.   Originally it was opend in 07 through id theft.   It went from T mobile, who sold it to debt recovery solutions, who deleted after i disputed.  Who sold it to McM, whom is refusing to validate it.  I sent them a timely dv letter in Feb. Better yet, experian is refusing to provide me a copy of the certificate of accuracy.  

Anybody have a take on this?  I d love to hear your mcm experiances too if you d like

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland funding is on crack:)

You said it was opened through identity theft?  Did you file a police report? 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sending the actual affidavit from the ftl site to T mobile this week.   I m not sure if the cops will investigate.  The account was opened in 2007.   I just found out about it in December 2011.   After T mobile had sold the debt to another debt collector.  Im thinking i ll send them a 623 letter too, be interesting to see how that turns out. SInce they are saying that they have no original documents.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Cops don't need to investigate.  You file a police report and then send it in.  The filing proves that you are serious that it's not yours because it's illegal to file a false report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm a bit confused as to the process of disputing with the debt collector the accuracy of delinquencies on the OC account.

Most likely, the delinquencies were reported by the OC.  YOu dont have monthly delinquencies with a debt collector.

Just because your commercial credit report formats the showing of the delinquencies under a collection heading does not mean they were the reporting party.

Are you postive that they were the actual furnisher of that information?

If they were not the reporting party, then they are not the furnisher, and thus have no obligation to investigate the accuracy of the reporting.  That responsibility would reside with the OC.

If the OC account is still reporting in your CR and shows delinquencies, they are required to investigate any dispute. They cant refuse based on lack of current ownership of the debt.  They remain responsible for the accuracy of whatever they reported if it remains in your CR.

However, if no reporting of delinquencies by the OC is present in your CR, you obviously have no basis for a dispute with them.  If that is your situation, then I would dispute with the debt collector how they can report adverse information unrelated to their collection.

Confused......

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.