Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland gone from 2 of 3 !

tag
hendersj31
Valued Member

Midland gone from 2 of 3 !

So you may have seen a previous post of mine where I was trying to PFD Midland for a tmobile bill I somehow left lingering when I closed the account.  Of course they wouldn't PFD, so I paid the collection.  I then proceeded to send a few GW letters hoping to get some GW, but no luck there either.  After looking at my credit reports closer I noticed that the account showed past due, but the details sid paid collection as well as the factoring company piece I have seen some others complain about.  I do not know if this is normal reporting or not as it was my only bad item, but I decided to dispute it and asked that the item be corrected or removed according to FCRA. 

It was removed form both Experian and Equifax.  TransUnion was able to verify and removed the past due status.  So  I suppose it is a 66.6% win and since it took the entire 30 day dispute period to get a response I am assuming Midland may have not even replied to the CRs (except TU) 

I am waiting to see my score boost from on scorewatch, I guess it has not rescanned yet. I usually get the score alerts on the weekend so if I don't hear anything I will pay for the report and score pull Monday.  My Experian FAKO did go up 60 points as a result of the removed Midland account. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland gone from 2 of 3 !

Nice going!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 11
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Nicely done!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much was your bill for? Did you do a settlement? I currecly have to pay woth them too for a tmobile accoutn, havent started the process and wanted your advice... THANKS!!

@hendersj31 wrote:

So you may have seen a previous post of mine where I was trying to PFD Midland for a tmobile bill I somehow left lingering when I closed the account.  Of course they wouldn't PFD, so I paid the collection.  I then proceeded to send a few GW letters hoping to get some GW, but no luck there either.  After looking at my credit reports closer I noticed that the account showed past due, but the details sid paid collection as well as the factoring company piece I have seen some others complain about.  I do not know if this is normal reporting or not as it was my only bad item, but I decided to dispute it and asked that the item be corrected or removed according to FCRA. 

It was removed form both Experian and Equifax.  TransUnion was able to verify and removed the past due status.  So  I suppose it is a 66.6% win and since it took the entire 30 day dispute period to get a response I am assuming Midland may have not even replied to the CRs (except TU) 

I am waiting to see my score boost from on scorewatch, I guess it has not rescanned yet. I usually get the score alerts on the weekend so if I don't hear anything I will pay for the report and score pull Monday.  My Experian FAKO did go up 60 points as a result of the removed Midland account. 

Message 4 of 11
hendersj31
Valued Member

The total amount escapes me for some reason but I think it was like 84 dollars.  I paid it in full thinking it would give me leverage for GW later.  It didn't ... haha

Message 5 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 11
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Yay!!!

Did you dispute with the CRA's or with Midland? Hoping to get rid of a Midland o my boyfirends report that is reporting like yours was.

Message 7 of 11
hendersj31
Valued Member

I disputed with CRAs.  I am curious why only TU came back verified.....

Message 8 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Yeah you!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 9 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1 Congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.