Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland has a Judgment but hasn't collected

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Midland has a Judgment but hasn't collected

I have 1 Judgment from Midland that has not been satisfied. Now I know they are able to garnish for the full amount. I just want to know what my chances are getting a PFD with this type of situation. I'm in the state of Kansas. 

Thank You

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland has a Judgment but hasn't collected

Hard to say, as acceptance of a PFD is discretionary.

Having a judgment in hand is a court order to pay that requires no addiitional concessions on their part, and as you stated, they can bring further legal action requesting specific satisfaction, such as by way of garnishment. 

A request for a PFD of reporting of public record info may or may not even be within their power to grant.

Midland may not even be the reporting party, and if not, cannot agree to its deletion.  Public record info is oft entered into credit files based on independent public records searches contracted directly by the CRAs to supplement their files.  CRAs have a firm policy of non-deletion based on payment of a debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.