Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland hung up on me...

tag
amkari
New Contributor

Midland hung up on me...

Of course, since they're STILL calling me AFTER 9pm and woke me up I probably sound just slightly irritated... this was 9:55 pm.

At least I'm assuming they are still the only 'unknown' number calling incessantly at all hrs of the day and night... and I rarely answer unknown numbers, if they can't manage to leave a voice mail then it must not be a very important phone call.  

They asked to speak with A*** R*** which is me, I didn't acknowlege that I was myself but asked who was calling...  His answer was "This is M***, OK!, and hung up on me before I could even respond.  Such professionalism (not).  It sounded like the samy guy who called the first time at 9:59pm last weekend... very thick accent and extremely difficult to understand.  I've gotten out of practice since moving from the mexcian/spanish dominated California to Montana where 99% of the population speaks english as a first language, and the rest are primarily german and they mostly keep to themselves on their colonies.  lol

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Midland hung up on me...

Just send Midland a cease communications letter ~ per the FDCPA they have to stop calling you if you send this to them in writing.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
amkari
New Contributor

Re: Midland hung up on me...

That's the plan, as is a DV letter.  They're contacting me on a Chase account.  I've never opened an account with Chase... at least not since my early college days almost 20 yrs ago and I didn't keep that one open long as I developed a serious aversion to Chase as a company. 

I did have a Providian which was bought by WAMU but closed before Chase got on it I believe (timing may have been close - having a newborn and being an unemployed single mom tends to screw with your sense of time for awhile) ... they're going to have to prove to me that this is the account in question before I offer up anything. 

I would have liked to have been able to close it before WAMU got it, I will never do business with them by choice after they reopened a checking acct that had been closed for 2 yrs when about 10 checks were presented... signed by 10 different people.  I only found out after I was denied for a checking account due to account abuse.  I filed a police report (had already reported theft fom my home) and fraud claim and it is still on my chexsystems report.

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.