cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland ignored my direct dispute? SUCCESS!!!

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland ignored my direct dispute?

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATED: got a response from midland 

Ms. happysamiam, a review of Midland Credit's business records indicates that on December 11, 2011, this account was assigned to the law firm of Jenkins, Wagnon & Young P.C. ("JWY Law"). You express a concern that the account does not reflect a paid status with the credit reporting agencies despite fulfilling an arrangement to resolve the account balance with JWY Law. Midland Credit has forwarded a copy of your complaint to the firm and inquired with them regarding the matter. The firm has advised that they did reach a resolution to satisfy the judgment obtained on the account but due to administrative oversight, Midland Credit was not notified of the arrangement. The payment the firm considered fulfillment of the arrangement was posted to the account on February 12, 2015 by Midland Credit, although it was still unaware at the time of the agreement between the firm and yourself. Midland Credit was not made aware of a possible fulfilled arrangement until an email it received from you on April 8, 2015. which they responded to by telling me they looked at their records and everything was right so they were denying that their reporting was inaccurate. At that time, Midland Credit forwarded the email to the firm to determine the status of the account. Subsequent to investigating your claims, the firm returned the account to Midland Credit with a paid status on May 15, 2015. Midland Credit has updated its files to reflect that the account balance has been resolved. Additionally, the three credit reporting agencies have been notified to remove Midland Credit's reference to the collection account from your consumer credit files. You have no further obligation for this account. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information. heccccccck yeaaaaaaaah!

A great Memorial Day weekend surprise, grats

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Still waiting on a response from the CBFP complaint Smiley Frustrated it's been 2 weeks since I submitted it. I hope to hear something by Monday. How hard can it be for midland to look at the satisfied judgment and say oh yeah that's settled, we should zero out the balance. I've dealt with several CAs & JDBs and I have to say this company is by far the worst. I hope they get taken down big time one day!

I'd love to see them and Portfolio closed permanently by the FTC for their abusive practices....

we can dream!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATED: got a response from midland 

Ms. happysamiam, a review of Midland Credit's business records indicates that on December 11, 2011, this account was assigned to the law firm of Jenkins, Wagnon & Young P.C. ("JWY Law"). You express a concern that the account does not reflect a paid status with the credit reporting agencies despite fulfilling an arrangement to resolve the account balance with JWY Law. Midland Credit has forwarded a copy of your complaint to the firm and inquired with them regarding the matter. The firm has advised that they did reach a resolution to satisfy the judgment obtained on the account but due to administrative oversight, Midland Credit was not notified of the arrangement. The payment the firm considered fulfillment of the arrangement was posted to the account on February 12, 2015 by Midland Credit, although it was still unaware at the time of the agreement between the firm and yourself. Midland Credit was not made aware of a possible fulfilled arrangement until an email it received from you on April 8, 2015. which they responded to by telling me they looked at their records and everything was right so they were denying that their reporting was inaccurate. At that time, Midland Credit forwarded the email to the firm to determine the status of the account. Subsequent to investigating your claims, the firm returned the account to Midland Credit with a paid status on May 15, 2015. Midland Credit has updated its files to reflect that the account balance has been resolved. Additionally, the three credit reporting agencies have been notified to remove Midland Credit's reference to the collection account from your consumer credit files. You have no further obligation for this account. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information. heccccccck yeaaaaaaaah!

A great Memorial Day weekend surprise, grats

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

indeed...much needed, thanks!

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the deletion! I was curious how long it was until they actually fell off your credit reports? I just got a call from Midland that they are deleting (YAHOOO). She gave me a confirmation number and is supposed to fax and mail a letter, but she said it could take up to 30-45 days. Curious if others had them come off sooner (I hope!).

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the deletion! I was curious how long it was until they actually fell off your credit reports? I just got a call from Midland that they are deleting (YAHOOO). She gave me a confirmation number and is supposed to fax and mail a letter, but she said it could take up to 30-45 days. Curious if others had them come off sooner (I hope!).

I want to say that it was within a week but honestly I cant remember. congrats to your soon to be deletion Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.