Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland letter

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Midland letter

So I have been trying to get Midland TL removed from my 3 CRs... Its for an old phone bill thats past SOL.

I disputed it with CB's and 5 days letter I get a letter from Midland...

In a few words it is basically saying that...

"is to request MY assistance so that they can reach a quick resolution to MY dispute that I said contained inaccurate info" (I basically said I have no idea TMobile is sayig that I owe them $)

They then briefly tell me that Midland became the servicer of my account on Jan 2012. They also say tha the seller (Tmobile) provided them (Midland) with info regarding my account that it originated on May 20, 2006 (true). That the last 4 digits of the SSN are XXXX (mine, correct) and that the account was charged off in June 2010. The balance was XXX.

They then said that they will change the status of reporting to disputed...

They have been hammering me with settlement offers for the past few months. Why is their response to my dispute is as I described it above? Why would they just not provide that info to CBs and continue annoying me? To me it seems that they dont have any more info other than what they have provided me with (account, SSN, amount)...

Should i quickly DV them and let them struggle? or PFD...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland letter

@RussianPassion wrote:

So I have been trying to get Midland TL removed from my 3 CRs... Its for an old phone bill thats past SOL.

I disputed it with CB's and 5 days letter I get a letter from Midland...

In a few words it is basically saying that...

"is to request MY assistance so that they can reach a quick resolution to MY dispute that I said contained inaccurate info" (I basically said I have no idea TMobile is sayig that I owe them $)

They then briefly tell me that Midland became the servicer of my account on Jan 2012. They also say tha the seller (Tmobile) provided them (Midland) with info regarding my account that it originated on May 20, 2006 (true). That the last 4 digits of the SSN are XXXX (mine, correct) and that the account was charged off in June 2010. The balance was XXX.

They then said that they will change the status of reporting to disputed...

They have been hammering me with settlement offers for the past few months. Why is their response to my dispute is as I described it above? Why would they just not provide that info to CBs and continue annoying me? To me it seems that they dont have any more info other than what they have provided me with (account, SSN, amount)...

Should i quickly DV them and let them struggle? or PFD...If the DV is timely, they do not have to respond, However all the DV would do is stop collection activities until they choose to validate the account. If the DV is untimely they don't have to do anything and continue collection activities. I would off 10-20% and be done with the debt. Word of advise, unpaid debt never goes!!!

DaBears

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you disputed through a CRA, their communication with you is meaningless.

They have a statutory requriement to respond back to the CRA within the CRA reinvestigation period, which is usually 30 days from date of dispute.

If they consider your dispute to lack sufficient information to conduct a reasonable investitagation, they can inform the CRA as such.

It is then up to the CRA to decide whether they will dismiss the dispute for lacking sufficient information, or whether they will complete the dispute, and delete based on lack of verification.  The CRA must send their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 business days after expiration of their reinvestigation period.

If the CRA dismisses due to lack of sufficency of the dispute, they must identity the lack of sufficeincy in their Notice.

You need provde no additional information to the furnisher.  It is up to them and the CRA to respond to your dispute.

Ignore the letter.

As for a DV, if they sent dunning notice more than 30 days ago, a DV would impose no cease collection bar on them, and they would have no restrictions and no need to reply.

Message 3 of 8
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Last night the TL got removed from Equifax and gave me a point boost. Wondering if it stays off now. Also, I have a offer from them to settle the ~$700 alleged debt for $200... Wondering if I should pay it to prevent it from repopping...

Message 4 of 8
stacyt

MIDLAND-OUTSOURCING TMOBILE-911 please help

I am in a real bind here, would appreciate anyone helping me as fast as humanly possible.

We were supposed to close on our mortgage loan, last week.  Then a condition comes up saying that Midland, needs to report that it's not in DISPUTE status.  I have read a lot of stuff on this board, and it is very informative, but still not sure what to do for my situation, atm.  After we UNDISPUTE THE TRADE, my husbands mid fico drops from 650 to 592, over nite.  Apparently, Midland, is showing as a FACTORING or DEBT PURCHASER, and showing either an installment, or an open trade.  So TU is showing it ok atm, Experian is showing installment, with $1569 PAST DUE, and Equifax has us as 120 days past due in Dec of 2013.

Also Experian, is reporting us as KD(Key Derogatory), everymonth since it opened up with Midland, as as recent as 2/1014.

Per Experian website, on their score estimater page, SAYS WE CURRENTLY HAVE A DELINQUENT ACCOUNT(which prior to UNDISPUTE) wasn't showing that way.  And if we don't have a DELINQUENT account, our score goes back up 57 points.

After hours and hours of convo with all bureaus and no joy, they all say they are reporting it correctly, and can not see the 120 lates, or that its an installment when it shouldn't be, as it was a TMOBILE cell phone bill to begin with.

OK, in Fall of 2009, we left Seattle, and moved out of the their service area.  My husband was told to send them utitlity bill to show this, and then would be let out of our contract.  Which we did.  We thought all was good.  

in 2/2012, here they come again, but now its not the $600 for the cancelled lines, its $1569, and Midland is the one bugging us.  I have called at least a dozen times myself, and I keep getting the same response.  Midland won't delete, that has to come from Tmobile.  When I call Tmobile, they just turn me back to Midland, like they have nothing to do with this.

At this point we have tried to do all we can to get scores up, including adding my Husband on my Credit card, and one of his moms.  But I just want this thing done.

Even had the attorney try to sort it out, no luck.  I can try the pay Tmobile gig, but really hate to give them $600, let alone $1569 in this circumstance.

PLEASE ANYONE HELP, any advise.  Saw some calling and/or emailing Midland CEO, thinking of that option as well.

Please advise/repond asap, desparate at this point, and loosing my mind!

Thanks in advance guys!.

Stacyt

Message 5 of 8
Chris679
Established Contributor

If you want fast results you're going to have to settle it with Midland. See if you can do PFD if not then at least make sure they will report it right away.
Message 6 of 8
stacyt

You mean settle and report paid in full?
Message 7 of 8
stacyt

Any one know of language to speak with cra's to get them to remove the past due amt? So it doesn't trigger the delinquent part for credit score?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.