Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland misreport help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland misreport help

I have two accounts with Midland. One from TMobile for 934.08 and another for a Nordstrom credit card 654.00. I sent them in October a DV for the Tmobile account because I know those charges can't be right. Well today I received an alert that my score increased for 14 points. The reasoning... I am disputing the NORDSTROM account for 654!!! First of all I never ever disputed either account, I just asked for information regarding charges. However, this is NOT the account I am disputing because I know I owe this debt!

What do I do?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland misreport help

It is typical Midland procedure to report a dispute to the CRAs when a consumer sends a DV request.

A DV reqest is a debt collection practiced matter under the FDCPA, and is not a reportable dispute of accuracy of their credit reporting under the FCRA.

Based on the recurring posts related to this practice, I would strongly recommend filing a complaint with the CFPB of their misreporting of a requet for debt validation as a dispute under the FCRA.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed that, but it's on the wrong debt which is my biggest issue. I never even contacted them regarding the debt they're saying I disputed.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm beginning to think Midland employs trained monkeys in the collections department.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah this is ridiculous. And that account they disputed is so old I believe it falls off next year. All I wanted to know was the Tmobile charges because I never received a detailed bill of charge off charges. When I called at mobile they said the had no record of the account because it's with MCM. One step forward and fifty steps back.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm beginning to think Midland employs trained monkeys in the collections department.

Trained monkeys would be a huge upgrade for Midland. They are the worst ever.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think I just insulted the Monkey community. I fully expect to find a flaming bag of rotten banana peels and monkey poo on my porch any day now.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a DV?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.