Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland or Porfolio Recovery first?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland or Porfolio Recovery first?

@new_earth wrote:

it definitely does not. I remember you tried to ask me that before and I was clueless. I learned a lot already Smiley Happy

Oh ya, I remember lol.

I would pay the newest one first.

Message 11 of 14
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

ok, that's what I'll do and try to get them to settle as low as possible.

Message 12 of 14
js0319
Established Contributor

I tried settling with Midland earlier this week on a +$6k collection, and the lowest they would settle for was 50%. I could have sworn I received a settlement offer from them six months ago for approx. $1700.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 13 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@js0319 wrote:
I tried settling with Midland earlier this week on a +$6k collection, and the lowest they would settle for was 50%. I could have sworn I received a settlement offer from them six months ago for approx. $1700.

You probably did.  Most of the time they give you a time frame to respond.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.