cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland pulling a fast one on settlement payment?

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Midland pulling a fast one on settlement payment?

I arranged to settle a judgment for 50% if paid today. I've been waiting for hours for a fax with those terms, which the rep read off to me! The fax came and only includes the collection account and says it will be considered paid in full and update with the CRAs.

Problem is, I'm supposed to be settling the judgment! it says nothing about filing a satisfaction and release of judgment, which is stipulation for me paying. It includes the original charge-off amount (current balance) NOT the judgment amount plus interest, which is higher.

If I pay this, it seems I'm not paying to satisfy the judgment. This is NOT what we agreed to on the call. What's the deal? I'm trying to get my account rep to call me back But wondered what folks here thought. 

UPDATE: talked to account rep and explained concerns. She said collection account is the same as the judgment account and they couldnt  send a letter stating a release of judgment would be filed, but that it would be, within 30 days, and that on Monday they could fax me the payment receipt for the account.  I'm skeptical. I don't see why they can't say they'll file satisfaction of judgment In the settlement letter. Sigh. So annoying. 

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.