Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland reporting monthly questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland reporting monthly questions

MIDLAND CREDIT MGMT is updating monthly the following accounts they hold:

1) an old Target card and lists its Date of First Delinquency: 05/2010  and Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 09/2012

2) an old American Eagle card and lists its Date of First Delinquency: 06/2010 and Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 07/2012

3) and a judgment I consented to and just made the last payment today (yay)

I know I have read on these forums if it’s updating it would be best to settle, but I wanted to confirm that before I try to PFD.

And I would also like to ask, why list two delinquency dates? Which matters officially??

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland reporting monthly questions

DOFD(Date of First Delinquency) is the most important.
Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

MIDLAND CREDIT MGMT is updating monthly the following accounts they hold:

1) an old Target card and lists its Date of First Delinquency: 05/2010  and Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 09/2012

2) an old American Eagle card and lists its Date of First Delinquency: 06/2010 and Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 07/2012

3) and a judgment I consented to and just made the last payment today (yay)

I know I have read on these forums if it’s updating it would be best to settle, but I wanted to confirm that before I try to PFD.

And I would also like to ask, why list two delinquency dates? Which matters officially??

Thanks in advance!!

Yes settling updating derog TLs is the best thing to do, you would first attempt the PFD and if it fails then you can just settle to stop the updating and once its updated to paid then switch to a GW letter campaign. As stated the DoFD is the key date this is the date that starts the SOL & CRTP clocks ticking.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it worth noting that the DOFD / Date of First Delinquency for the Target account vs the Midland collection for the Target account don't match??

nameaccountoriginalDate of First
Delinquency
Date Major Delinquency
First Reported
Last
Payment Made
Past Duesource
MIDLAND CREDIT MGMT INC855248XXXXTARGET NATIONAL BANKMay-10Sep-12 $689equif2015
MIDLAND FUNDING LLC #855248****TARGET NATIONAL BANK   $689tran2015
TNB-TARGET #63156**** Jul-10 6/10/2010 tran2015
TARGET NATIONAL BANK 63156XXXX Jun-10Dec-10Jun-10 equif2015

does this matter or is it worth disputing??

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.