cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland respond Letter from cb dispute i did(Advice needed)

tag
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Midland respond Letter from cb dispute i did(Advice needed)

Midland sent me a letter due to a dispute i did with all three cb outcome of the dispute they remove late payments and put balance to $0 on eq and exp and tu i still waiting on. I disputed that the balance was incorrect,paid 50% settlement offer back from convergent in may..So they send me a letter saying that they request my assistance so that they may reach a quick resolution to my dispute made to credit bureaus that i indicated that midland is reporting the above referenced account incorrectly.

Then 2nd line says common questions regarding cr included the account being reported as open and reporting as a factoring company.For purposes of cr reporting the ter open portfolio type has the following defintion accounts where the entire amount is due upon demand or that have one payment due as scheduled terms duration=001.That indicates that the account is currently open, due and owing in one payment. In addition, a factoring company is synonhmous with a debt purchaser, and therefore applicable to the current owner of this debt, midland.

Then 3rd line says im am welcome to communicate directly with the credit bureaus if you have concerns about the nomenclature used in credit bureau reporting, However, Midland Credit has no control over the nomencalture assigned by the credit bureaus and the account is being correctly reported.In addition, if you viewed your credit report from a compilation source, the information being reported may appear to vary. The credit bureaus have advised us that it appears this way because they do not directly populate the fields on credit reports pulled from any source other than directyly from the credit bureau itself.

Then its a number on the letter saying please contact our consumer support services department with an ext. number

Also has a 2nd page saying next due date and i think its asking for the other $627.09

So should i even contact them when i try to pay the other $627.09 for a pfd and they  gave me attitudes and didnt wanna work with me?

I am confuse about the letter so seeking advice from you guys after reading forums about ppl cannot get midland to work with them

Also to me it sound like they mad cause they thought they was gonna burn me for the other $627.09 after i paid the 50% settlement letter from convergent

so they let the other 50% still report on my credit report but its reporting $0 thanks to eq and ex and i also have the paperwork- oringnal letter from convergent for the 50% settlement offer in full and the date i paid it

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Re: Midland respond Letter from cb dispute i did(Advice needed)

Also after the cb's eq and ex  remove the kd's or late payments and reported a $0 balance i got a 15 point boost on my cr's

Message 2 of 5
DreaIYIs
Established Member

bump

Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Hi DreaIYIs and welcome to the forums, I would send them a direct dispute letter. If you had settled the account with another CA then how did Midland get the account in the first place? Was it settled for less or Settled in full? 

Message 4 of 5
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Midland gave the account to convergent which is an agent for them or something like that.. Covergent send me a settelement offer with the midland account number on the letter saying if i pay the settlement offer the account will be settle in full... Should i call the midland number they gave me?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.