Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland success!!

tag
Shiva78
Contributor

Midland success!!

Thanks to the advice of all the wonderful ppl on here I finally have some success with Midland....via the CFPB of course:

I file a complaint on 10/15.  Here is the response I got back yesterday

Thank you for your inquiry through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ("CFPB"), which is copied on this letter. Midland Credit Management, Inc. ("Midland Credit") received your inquiry on October 15, 2014, and appreciates the opportunity to answer your questions.

An investigation of this matter indicates that Midland Credit became the servicer of the above-referenced account on behalf of purchaser, Midland Funding, LLC ("Midland Funding") on August 29, 2008. Information provided by the seller, Citibank (South Dakota) N.A., at the time of acquisition indicates this account was originated on November 9, 2002, as a Citibank/Fred Meyer credit card account number ending in XXXX, in the name of XXXX, under the last four of the social security number XXXX. Subsequently, the account was charged-off as an unpaid delinquent-debt on December 14, 2006. The balance at the time of purchase was $2,418.64.

XXXX, you express a concern that Midland Credit has re-aged the account by listing an open date that is later than the original. While Midland Credit is sensitive to your concern Midland Credit does not alter or modify any of the original account information provided by the seller, such as the name of the consumer, the date of origination, or the date of occurrence. Midland Credit reports the information on the accounts it services based on the business records maintained by the original lender/seller. Business records indicate that April 14, 2008 is the date of occurrence provided by the seller.

Midland Credit acted in a timely manner and has complied with all applicable laws. However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has made the business decision to close the account. There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account. In addition, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland success!!

Congrats on your success with one of the toughest CAs out there.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yaaaaa for you. Congrats. I despise that CA because of their shady practices.

Message 3 of 16
Shokk
Established Contributor

Congrats!  They folded because you were right and they were wrong.  They just didn't want to admit it.  But yay for you!  They're gone either way.

Midland is a bunch of turds.  I have 2 class action suits pending against them now.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 16
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Shokk  - is anyone else involved in this suit?? id love to hear!! 

midland deleted for me- thank God. but im just curious. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 16
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!  Smiley Happy

I had to laugh/choke about this statement in their letter....

"However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has made the business decision to close the account."

From everything I have read, Midland is anything but Consumer-First!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 7 of 16
Shiva78
Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Congratulations!!  Smiley Happy

I had to laugh/choke about this statement in their letter....

"However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has made the business decision to close the account."

From everything I have read, Midland is anything but Consumer-First!   Smiley Happy

LOL!  I know, right?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! Maybe we should ALL include their "Consumer-First Policy" in our letters, emails, phone calls!!!

Message 9 of 16
Muff
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.