Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland to Come off in June

tag
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

Midland to Come off in June

OK so Midland is my last baddie... $413 and set to come off in June. Do I poke the beehive with a stick and try and PFD now or d oI play it safe and let the sleeping witch lie. I have the money to pay off now, is it worth the risk??

I'm 99% sure I should just leave them be. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland to Come off in June

Honestly, I would leave them ALONE. From everything I have read on here, they are not one to play with, lol.

Since June is right around the corner and not six months away you can request an early deletion from your reports, I've seen people here doing it and getting it done asap!

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

I saved them for last after reading all the horror stories about them. I'm wondering if they'll notice a request for an early deletion from my report and then go rage on me. I'm torn if I just want to wait it out or just pay and pray.

Message 3 of 8
cgussio
New Contributor

Let that witch sleep! They are terrible to deal with. Actually, they would have to make significant improvements for me to consider them just Terrible. Unless you are looking for a reason to cause your blood pressure to spike or you want some new grey hairs, I say wait 'em out.

Message 4 of 8
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Do not poke the bear unless you know you can defend yourself. Just file a dispute against the account saying it is too old. For accounts within 90 days of falling off, most CRs will gladly delete just to have the info purged from their system.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 5 of 8
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

Even unpaid accounts NW?

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would offer a differing opinion.  I would send the PFD.

That is based on the assumption that if it is near credit report exclusion, it is likely outside of SOL.

It is also based on the assumption that you will also pay the debt at some point in the near future, as an unsatisfied, delinquent debt is still a negative in any quest for new credit, even if the collection has become excluded from your credit report.

With those assumptions, I see no beehive in the tree, and the possibility of credit report deletion.

Deletion as opposed to exclusion means its gone from your credit file.  Excluded information can still become available to others if they have basis for requesting a full factual credit report.

Message 7 of 8
from500to700
Regular Contributor

I will let it slip then pay them.

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.