Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland will not delete 120 days late report

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Midland will not delete 120 days late report

I paid my collection account with Midland back in 9/13.  It has been updated to PIF but all of a sudden in 11/13, it is beginning to report 120 days late.  ???

I have sent them numerous letters, emails and spoke to a half dozen people and they all say that they aren't reporting that way even though I have shown them screen shots of my CR. 

What do I do now?  They will not do anything!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Midland will not delete 120 days late report

That sounds like an FCRA violation. CAs aren't allowed to report monthly lates. send midland a copy of your report and ask them to fix it promptly. however, they are allowed to report the last reporting of the OC....that may be what you are seeing.
Message 2 of 10
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
That sounds like an FCRA violation. CAs aren't allowed to report monthly lates. send midland a copy of your report and ask them to fix it promptly. however, they are allowed to report the last reporting of the OC....that may be what you are seeing.

THanks Randy.  I have sent them a copy of my CR showing the 120 days late report and they say there is nothing they can do that they don't report that way so they are not sure why it was reporting like that.

They said to take it up with the CRA, which I did, and it came back validated!

Message 3 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@sharriel wrote:

@randyrhodes wrote:

THanks Randy.  I have sent them a copy of my CR showing the 120 days late report and they say there is nothing they can do that they don't report that way so they are not sure why it was reporting like that.

Just out of curiosity, was your "copy" generated by a CMS, or is it a CRA report?

Message 4 of 10
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@sharriel wrote:

@randyrhodes wrote:

Just out of curiosity, was your "copy" generated by a CMS, or is it a CRA report?

It was a copy with my EQ report

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@sharriel wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@sharriel wrote:

@randyrhodes wrote:

It was a copy with my EQ report

Right but, is it from myFICO or directly from the CRA?

Message 6 of 10
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Directly from EQ. 

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have already reached out to them to correct it and they refuse, file a complaint with the CFPB.

A CA cannot report lates. 

There should be no lates on a debt past the time it was paid.

Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

If you have already reached out to them to correct it and they refuse, file a complaint with the CFPB.

A CA cannot report lates. 

There should be no lates on a debt past the time it was paid.

If they were reporting as a collection agency, as they should be, they would not even have the option for reporting lates.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 10
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.