Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland?

tag
maluba
Regular Contributor

Midland?

Has anyone had any recent positive experiences with Midland Funding for a PFD?

Backstory: I'm actually trying to clean up my husband's credit. The other posts I made here are in relation to his. I was tryin to be circumspect and what not, lol.  I have no credit because I came to the US in 2005. The plan is to clean up his credit, then apply for about 2 new lines of credit and become an AU on them, which would give me a boost.

He had a 710 while in college. His father was paying his tuition, but then he got sick suddenly, so at the beginning of the Fall 2008 semester, he maxed out all three of his cards to stay in school (didn't qualify for FASFA or any other help...a moot point now). He couldn't make the payments, so they became charge offs and were bought by Midland Funding and another that shows up as AAC on his report. AAC bought one in 2011, and Midland bought the other two in 2009 and 2012 respectively. In total, he has about $8,700 in debt. I see a judgment brought by Midland in April 2010, I'm assuming for the account they bought in 2009. As of now, I can't find any info on it using the docket number provided on my report, or even under his name. My mother in law is checking to see if there was anything filed in the county court where he used to live in NY, but I even checked their website and nothing showed up. We never got served either. I know some other people on here said that if there is proof that it was improperly served, it could be vacated.

I'm thinking of disputing the judgment on the grounds that there is no record of it using the information provided on the report and using his name. I'm also thinking of doing PDFs on the other 3 debts as well. Since they were older, I was thinking of doing a settlement of 25% on each of the debts. Money is a bit tight right now, so that would be all we can manage. Provided that those worked out, I was going to do GWs to the 3 OCs and see where that gets us.

We are planning to buy a house within the next 6 months through the USDA. The mortage payments would be smaller than rent right now and we have two small kids that have outgrown the small apartment we're in. So we're kind of desperate right now. FICO is 588 as of last week. I'm feeling really apprehensive, but all of the advice and the success stories on here are very encouraging.  Does anyone have any input? I've been doing a lot of posting on this board, I know, but I'm trying to make heads and tails of our situation. Thank you in advance, guys.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland?

They will not PFD no matter what they tell you. I'm in the middle of a mess with these people currently. Lady on the phone said if i paid it wouldn't go on my reports after i paid i received letter in the mail i paid the debt in full and they reported to the Bureau as paid collection. I have disputed, write BBB, FTC and filled complaint with CFPB still waiting to here back from them. Also they never sent me a letter about the debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.