Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland....

I have been repairing my credit with the help of this wonderful community for a while now and need some advice. I received a letter from Midland about a debt I owed. I did not waste the time fighting it because I know it is mine and I need to be responsible and pay. In their initial communication it states, "We will not report your debt to the credit bureaus if you set up a payment plan, make a payment by xx-xx and make all payments as agreed." I have done all of this, started paying well before the required date and have made every payment on time. After 3 months of total compliance, this debt has started showing on my CR's. I called and they said that it was a mistake that it even reported and will be deleted but now I have zero confidence in their word. My question is: Will the letter that I have saying that it would not be reported and proof of all of my scheduled on time payments be enough to fight this if they do not remove and keep it off?? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Midland....

It is certainly evidence that you could rely upon in court as part of their contract offer, and your meeting of the minds when you began payments.

If they dont comply, you can initiate civil action for breach of contract.  It is doubtful they would attempt a defense with little to gain...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.