Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Milestone

I have a milestone card, $300 limit.
The 18th will be one year ive had it (annual fee time)
I've improved credit fairly well, got some better cards Cap one QS1, NFCU Gorewards.

My question is: would it hurt me to close that account, being almost a year old?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Milestone

I would seek a different third card without an AF first, then close that one. Typically you want 3, with 1 reporting a balance.

Cap1 would probably be willing to give you a second card, if you've had the other more than 6 months.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you get a third card that doesnt have AF, I would dump Milestone in a heartbeat, they are trash and have been dealing with them mis-reporting on my credit report for almost 6 months...its been a nightmare

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as above; even if it's another Cap1 having 3 cards is optimal and would give the chance to close Milestone
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my QS1 card just hit 3mo old. i have a secured card that is 2yr old next month.  i emailed EO with some requests about my secured card, see how that goes.

i had planned on getting another, well, at least one more card with capital one in another 3 months. (only one card every 6mo, right?!)

i would like to get another Cap one, and get Penfed then just dumb milestone, first premier and credit one.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK!!  much appreciated.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I believe Cap1 is on a 6 month rule now. You could get on their chat and see if they will convert you to a regulate QS (no AF) or even if they offer an APR reduction.
3 cards is 'optimal' but it's up to you if you're ready to dump Milestone or not. Really not sure how much of a dip it would cause only having two cards open
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my QS1 card just hit 3mo old. i have a secured card that is 2yr old next month.  i emailed EO with some requests about my secured card, see how that goes.

i had planned on getting another, well, at least one more card with capital one in another 3 months. (only one card every 6mo, right?!)

i would like to get another Cap one, and get Penfed then just dumb milestone, first premier and credit one.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK!!  much appreciated.

Yep, 6 month rule.

Penfed is sensitive to new credit and dings. I would hold off on that one.

I wouldn't get first premier or credit one. I would go with a Discover Secured instead.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i wouldnt get them either, however, I do have them. had FP for over a year and milestone almost a year.  thankful for the credit when no one else would, but.... thats as far as that goes Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.