Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military Star Card Late Payment Removal

tag
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Military Star Card Late Payment Removal

Has anybody had any success with getting late payment removals from these guys? They are where the bulk of my late payments are from, 12/12/1 minimum on the 30/60/90 report. They do not budge at all. I was also curious about CLIs from them with previous bad history, I've made one year of on time payments. I've gotten a $1600 CLI, was $500, from VS, and raised the USAAs by $500. Would just like one from them as well.

Most of my accounts show significant improvement, 3 of 4 charge offs changed to paid, 2 collections changed to paid, 3 of 4 student loan accounts wiped clean. The collections and some of the charge offs will be deleted once I close and start the dispute process again. Just trying to look for ideas for my last 4 accounts listed as negative, it was 12 negative accounts one year ago.

Who knows hopefully the mortgage helps if I'm stuck with those lates for another 6 years. Wish I would've known this years ago.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Military Star Card Late Payment Removal

@Sneakytiki wrote:
Has anybody had any success with getting late payment removals from these guys? They are where the bulk of my late payments are from, 12/12/1 minimum on the 30/60/90 report. They do not budge at all. I was also curious about CLIs from them with previous bad history, I've made one year of on time payments. I've gotten a $1600 CLI, was $500, from VS, and raised the USAAs by $500. Would just like one from them as well.

Most of my accounts show significant improvement, 3 of 4 charge offs changed to paid, 2 collections changed to paid, 3 of 4 student loan accounts wiped clean. The collections and some of the charge offs will be deleted once I close and start the dispute process again. Just trying to look for ideas for my last 4 accounts listed as negative, it was 12 negative accounts one year ago.

Who knows hopefully the mortgage helps if I'm stuck with those lates for another 6 years. Wish I would've known this years ago.

One would not want to dispute valid debts paid or unpaid, GW letters is the way to have them removed. I have no specific knowledge on the Military card but I can say getting CLIs from them is most likely going to be several years post any late. I would just continue to hammer them with GW letters right to the office of the CEO till you get what you want or they drop from age. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Military Star Card Late Payment Removal

Yeah I figured. These guys have full reason to reject me after only a year. Maybe I'll have better luck in another year. Navient removed all lates after one year of on time payments on 3 accounts and that was a huge boost, 40 points. Was hoping they would do the same. 

Thank you. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.